• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I have a dedi box... but nothing to do with it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone!.. basically i brought a dedibox about 2 months ago. I have paid the years subscription fee on it. I have never used the box for anything so it is completley fresh. I had an idea about starting web hosting but i am not a buisness man neither do i have the time or the money to create a website. After i got quoted £1100 for a web hosting site with automatic account creation scripts and control panels i went off the idea. But does anyone have any ideas on what i can do with the server?.. i am unexperienced with web design and i dont no a hell alot about running my server.. i no the basics like setting up hosting/e-mail accounts/ but not much else.

IF anyone has any ideas about what i can do with the server could you please let me no as i want something to be done with the server instead of it just sitting there useless.

The specs of the server is:

1.5 GHz Processor
512 MB DDR Ram
60 GB HDD
Plesk Control Panel ( Linux )
100 MB Connection
Linux Red Hat OS
2 IP address
Located in germany

If you got WHM/Cpanel I'll help you create a free hosting service and stuff. I wouldn't care about you giving me stuff in return or anything but you'd be responsible for getting ads and stuff to put on the sites so you can make money off it. I'll just run the hosting and setting up the accounts and taking care of people's issues when I get a chance. I just wana do this for the experience nothing more. Let me know if you're interested. Drop me an email or catch me on msn.

Ps. I am very honest so you wouldn't have to worry about much.

You could offer free web hosting from the server then it should bring in some nice revenue for you after a while.

If you need any help with this then send me a PM, I'll be starting my own free hosting company soon I think since I'd like to try it again and see how it goes so would love to help out a bit if that's what you're planning to do.

i think if u not know how to run a hosting company then resell ur server to someone who is interested in german server this is the easiest thing u can do with ur server.
just don't waste time and resell it

Not a very powerful box, so it would limit what you can do with it realistically.
Big question is how much do you need to make to cover your cost for the year and how much of that year is left to go?

great for a user called - CheapnEasyHosting, with no site yet apparently....

Lol...Seriously though I would help him run a free hosting site if he's up to it. I've been wanting to do that for a while but I don't have the money for a dedi or another VPS. Hope he takes my offer. :)

Only prob abush is your wanting to run one - if someone else coughs up and you suddenly can't help then they're left in the ....

And free hosting is not forgiving (and can be a real P.I.T.A), I know i did both sides of it with free being the side using 'slack' server space on servers I had - I got seriously ill and was out of it for over 6 months with a bonus of a heart condition thrown in. Also 18 hours a day 365, yep even if it's free.

Be carefull you can commit what is needed before jumping, it's no joy ride.

The guys will agree in here that it's not one to be taken lightly, and asking for a 'bargain basement' job with no site and a forum name that is non-reflective. Careful mate.

Lol...Seriously though I would help him run a free hosting site if he's up to it. I've been wanting to do that for a while but I don't have the money for a dedi or another VPS. Hope he takes my offer. :)

But dude your offer is nullified automatically you asked " If you got WHM/Cpanel I'll help "

But OP doesnt have Cpanel so your out of the loop totally " Plesk Control Panel "

Which means you didnt even care to read properly so i wonder how it will go with the so called free hosting under your care.

But like decker said (he is the wisest of all here sorry peo u aint that wise either), server is not powerful enough , plus OP didnt mention the BW alloted to the server so thats another major factor.

Well if OP already doesnt have a big site going on already getting some revenue than i dont know why OP spent the money in the first place to get a server. Best option i would suggest is if you can run shoutcast or some big sites streaming business you might get some returns.

Or i can hook you up with alteast 30$(could be impossible too) per month for hosting small and low on resources select game servers which dont need too much cpu or ram.

But dude your offer is nullified automatically you asked " If you got WHM/Cpanel I'll help "

But OP doesnt have Cpanel so your out of the loop totally " Plesk Control Panel "

Which means you didnt even care to read properly so i wonder how it will go with the so called free hosting under your care.
I read it well man. I was just saying if he had that, it'll be easy for me to do since I already use it. I wouldn't be quick to judge others if I were you.

Decker: Thanks for your insight man.
I woudn't be able to put in more than one or two hours a day specially on weekdays since I have to do my school work.

install a shoutcast server and run a radio this is the best u can do if u don't want to sell ur server

There are loads more things than that, and I doubt he would make his money back on it doing that along with the admin work involved.

A1owner: IF is the key word here.

Keyword IF ? i dont get it. It still doesnt sound right to me. It should have been If you had CPanel/Whm i would have helped. Ok lets Analyze : "If you have CPanel i Will help" Its asking if he had cpanel or not , not stating that you knew he didnt have Cpanel otherwise u would have helped.

But anyways the keyword right now is "Whatever" :beer:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back