• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I have a doubt about hosting

Peter65

I don't know where to post this question. Please some one clarify my doubt. Let me tell u the background.

So far I only used Unix & Linux hosts and designed my sites in HTML and PHP.

Now I am going to maintain my friend's webpage (in asp) which was designed by his host. His host has sent me username & password, but they didn't send any information about control panel. They say there is no control panel, I can do everything with FTP username & password. Since I dont have experience in Windows host, I want your help.

in Short:

1) Is there control panel like Cpanel & Plesk available for Windows server?

2) How can I do mail ettings, backup, etc. only using FTP information.

Thanks

i havent used a windows host myself, but i recall seeing control panel advertised when running on a windows host.

Of course it is possible that there isnt one available to you, probably a lower end host in that case??? This would mean all management functions would be done by support staff responding to requests (yuk!).

Back