• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I need a free host...I'm not good with site building.

Jade_01

I'm not good at all with webhosting. I know nothing about ftp but when I get my computer fixed I plan on learning. I was wondering if anyone knows of a good, free webhost, that's simple to use with no ads(you can put your own if you want to). That kind of stuff. It's to make a site to go along with my forum. If anyone knows of a webhost that is completely simple to set up please let me know.

LOL ur funny dude u dont know nothing about ftp and will be building site soon . Cool but u need to post ur requirements like space and bandwitdh u need for ur site.

~`~~~`,at one time, i donot know how to use ftp and built a website or a forum of my own either. and that was about two years ago

I'm not a dude, I'm a female. Anyway, is it easy to learn? I plan on learning once my computer is fixed. It really doesn't matter how much space I get, I just want a site that won't be down.

I will help you to learn. Out of my own passion for free. Please email me, my email address is in my signature below.
-Mike

Thanks for the help but some of the links did not work and the only one that did was a forum and I didn't really get to see what hosting plans there were.

Hi Jade_01

Its very easy too build a website and upload it via FTP.

1) Use a simple HTML editor at the beginning. You can create websites like a Word-Document....with text, photos, tables, colors etc...

e.g. Nestcape/Mozilla Composer (its free, just download the newest Mozilla Browser, http://www.mozilla-europe.org/en/) or buy Microsoft Frontpage

2) Download a good simple FTP-Programm

I recommend you FTP Commander
http://www.internet-soft.com/ftpcomm.htm
Start the program, click on new "New Server". Fill out the FTP Information of your host... FTP-Server (ftp.YOURHOST.com, Username, password). Then close the window, select your new FTP-server in the list and CONNECT. On the left side is your local directory (you harddrive). Select the files you want to upload and click on the arrow to the right side... Thats how you upload...You can create new directories on the server etc, its really easy...
Now you need to know the name of your site's URL from your host and thats's it...

If you need help PM me....

Yehu

Last edited:
Thanks, that seems like it'll help me. I just have to find the host I need. I'm just building a horror site, my forum's a horror forum and I want a site to go with it.

http://www.100free.com/

Some days ago there were some problems with downtime. But now its ok. I use this host for one of my websites and its very recommendable. They are free and have very little and decent ads (three small textlinks at the bottom of each page).

Specifications:

# 25 Megs of Free Web Space!
# Unlimited Bandwidth Usage!
# Multiple Directories Allowed!
# Live Tech Support!
# Friendly Account Manager!
# 500mb/s Backbone
# Webmaster Resources!
# Personal Accounts!
# Corporate Accounts!
# Real FTP Access!

Well, there is always freewebs and they have the easiest web builder. I suggest you learn RAW HTML and use it to code your site. Either that or buy Dreamweaver.

offer

how many members your horrorforum got?

if you place an adbanner on your main page (468x60 Pixel), I can build your website (max. 5 pages) .... and upload it to a free host.

When you have learned HTML, you can replace with your own site ... :rolleyes2

Mail to: m.wiener@gmx.net or PM if you're interested

Last edited:
yehu said:
how many members your horrorforum got?

if you place an adbanner on your main page (468x60 Pixel), I can build your website (max. 5 pages) .... and upload it to a free host.

When you have learned HTML, you can replace with your own site ... :rolleyes2

Mail to: m.wiener@gmx.net or PM if you're interested
The forum has just been started so it doesn't have many members yet. It has about 48. I'm hoping a website will get more members and every forum needs a website also.

Hi Jade, did you pick your host yet? When you said my link didn't open did you mean the Private Message or the link to primitivehosting.com ?

Back