• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I need a list of things to get my hosting started...

guitarnerd

Microsoft owns all
NLC
Ok I am going to start my own small hosting company but I need to know what to buy/get before I start, I know most of it but I could use some advice. So far I have a

2U Rackmount, 733mhz p3, 512mb pc133ram 60gig hard drive.

My host is going to be a simple host with basic plans, $10 bucks a month for stuff like
50mb of space
5gb of transfer, you know just the basics! I won't be running off of a very fast line just buisness dsl but for what I plan on doing it will be fine...

Anyway what I am asking is what software do I need/should have? it is all windows based so let me know

Well two things, I won't charge quite that much for that sort of plan. And second Im not going to tell my customers that ;)

Originally posted by guitarnerd
Well two things, I won't charge quite that much for that sort of plan. And second Im not going to tell my customers that ;)

youd have to be a very honest and silly buisness person to tell people they can get more for cheaper than they can from you.

I'm going to try and target people that want a simple, website/blogger sort of thing, people who don't need a ton of things, although I will have plans for larger websites, I think I will have a lot of my friends on it.

Back