• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I Need A Special Webspace

DjG

im new into this, but...
i need a "server", to broadcast a radio-station, its just a internet radio. and most of us only have 128kbps upstream, means, in 32kbps, max. 6 ppl can listen to a stream.

my question...
would any1 host my 32/64kbps radio stream? or do u know any "paid" GOOD STABLE (!!!) server? (not dat expensive) please help. pz

i don't think there is one. you have to pay the GEMA if you want to open a web radio, so they won't think it's legal.

#Cyberflash

i talked to a person of RIAA, he said, its not illegal, until im not playing 2 songs or more in a row of one and the same artist. there was something like hmpf, i forgot the name, a million of ppl used it. pz

please just gimme a hint ;) or whatever, do i need a dedicated server? or what? please. pz

If if you could find a free host, you would use all its bandwidth in a couple of days.

that's what i think, too.
i don't think there is a free one. too many bandwidth...but a dedicated server would be good if there's much traffic.

#Cyberflash

hmm, i remember the name of the server who did this, live356.com, but they're paid now. please help me!

hehe, you mean the program called shoutcast?

If you run that, you can have 1 person host it, and have another person also run shoutcast and relay it.

So then it would look like this

You -> 2 friends
\ -> Friend with shoutcast - > another 2 friends
\ - > Another shoutcast.

This will relay it, and allow more people to listen. Its not hard to set up.

This is waht i do so that i dont have to take the full blow.

Back