• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I need free hosting with cURL enabled which can communicate with external server.

john3825

I need free hosting with cURL enabled which can communicate with external server with port open.
I have to install facebook application on a server which need cURL enabled server which communicate with open port to facebook. ::knockedou

See, you just go around the form telling people that they cant find what they're looking for

See, you just go around the form telling people that they cant find what they're looking for

I go around telling them the truth, so that they can actually find a solution for their problem.

Why wouldn't anyone offer free hosting with Curl? My server has curl, what do I care?

My server has it disabled on new accounts, but if someone asks me for it I'll usually turn it on after touching base with them to make sure they are following my ToS.

There's some malware that relies on it apparently, even though a lot of legitimate sites require it- such as some forum packages using cURL to fetch avatar images.

What I am trying to understand is the nature of this request.

You're going to use cURL to retrieve something from another server? Retrieve what exactly?

Why wouldn't anyone offer free hosting with Curl? My server has curl, what do I care?

The main reason free hosts disable it is so that people can't use file sharing scripts, music sharing scripts, and such, since all of them rely on curl. A lot of video hosting scripts also rely on curl. You disallow that and you take care of the majority of people using your services for abusive purposes.

Back