• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I need help now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now your just nit picking - when you purchase a package (like the VIAO) it should have all the necessary items to recover it yourself (basically a CD/DVD) without having to return it to the manufacturer for a simple software reload, this is obviusly not the case here.

And he could :S

Sony have done everything they are supposed to do here .......

Now i was able to restore the system before xmas using the system itself. It allow me to do it thru the boot options ....

And he could :S

And now he can't, sorry but I still think the OEM's are taking liberties by enforcing 'their' build no matter what or what means they choose, I mean what would it cost them to stick a flaming DVD in the box and save the customers so much hassle.

Indefensible sitauation.

I see where youre coming from, but at the same time what if he's forced to use a generic install and then his computer is stuck without all the drivers it needs to operate.....it's normally considerably faster to restore a backup than it is to install windows and configure all your favourite programs and required drivers, I actually prefer to ghost disks when I buy a new pc and am happy with it's state because it takes ten minutes once you made a backup to put your pc right back the way you need it .....

I agree Joe, what's to stop the OEM adding a drivers folder for the model to an OS disk, and myself prefer to custom build my machines then ghost them to disk after all the config's done :)

I agree Joe, what's to stop the OEM adding a drivers folder for the model to an OS disk, and myself prefer to custom build my machines then ghost them to disk after all the config's done :)

Well quite the $OEM$ folder is another way to go, but it's outdated now, as hard drives get far cheaper than they used to be it makes much more sense to have a backup partition......I suppose companies like sony and dell steered away from releasing OEM cd's partly to tackle piracy of them and partly because generally people dont know how to install windows, they can press F9 to restore a backup but doing the whole setup thing is beyond the average user .... you know the first pirated Vista Ultimate dvd's were Dell OEM disks .....

The OP should seriously consider returning this pc just once, and never ever change it again unless you have a backup or know what you're doing for sure .....

Hey guys,
I've read all your comments and i thank you for all your advice. I went in store and they weren't nice to me about this. The guy lost his temper when i asked for the disks and threaten to get me banned from the store. I then sat here for about 3 hours just thinking about the recovery partition,then i decided to break the computer even more by part recovering the restore point and ripping out the power cables lmao. On reboot it automatically opened up that hidden partition and restored the computer back to the manuf. settings without the disc,lmao when i read the error report after install it said that the rescovery point was lost and a critical restore was put in place. I wouldn't recommend trying this again just incase. lmao

I should also mention that the cause of this all...... Microsoft has issued 23 critical error and security updates. Because they are deemed critical you wont know they've been installed until it asks you to reboot. After rebooting you may find that your settings to the internet are either reset,disabled or deleted......if reset or disabled microsft will automatically send a patch for these files to rectify the registry. They delete the Reg files and replace them but an error occures and your left with 17 missing vital registry files. The need for a full system reset as if you reboot you wont get the computer back up without a boot disc. Microsoft pulled these updates after the first day but they're floating about still so be extra carefull

Back