• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I need help setting up VPS.

I know that you are using CentOS, however, some VPS providers allow you to reinstall an OS or install an diffrent OS via their admin panel. If so, I would recommend using EHCP (http://ehcp.net) by switching from CentOS to Ubuntu and then running the install. It will get you up and running with everything in about an hour. Just a suggestion though. (Note: requires > 500MB RAM, so it may not be the best either).

Erm... server? Ubuntu!?
Compare to Ubuntu and CentOS, I think it is better to recommend the OP to use CentOS...

some1 is missing the big point
he got everything he want ( the **** 404 mod_security is blocking my nice list )

what is webmin said:
Webmin is a web-based interface for system administration for U*nix. Using any modern web browser, you can setup user accounts, A*pache, D*NS, file sharing and much more. Webmin removes the need to manually edit U*nix configuration files like /*etc/*passwd, and lets you manage a system from the console or remotely. See the standard modules page for a list of all the functions built into Webmin, or check out the screenshots.
standard modules said:
Please check site as i can not post them here ( mod_securtity is blocking certain modules :p )
* said:
* = added because mo_security is blocking a lot
so what does he exactly need ??

Greetings From PowerChaos

Back