• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I need web site stickiness!

SearchAt!

Please give me some constructive criticism and suggestions on my web site. I run a meta search engine with it's own search directory. I would like to make it as user friendly as possible. If there is something that I can add to it to make you switch your homepage to my web site, please let me know and I will consider it. Even if you have a service that would compliment my service, let me know.:)

Here is the link MetaSearchAt! Search Engine - [url]http://www.metasearchat.com[/URL]

Thanks in advance for your constructive input.

Opera?

Originally posted by Aquatix
I don't know what to say other than "it looks screwed in Opera"... :confused2

Don't most web sites looked screwed in Opera? Have you ever thought of using IE or the next used thing Netscape?:rolleyes:

Looks screwed in every single browser except for IE.
And is loaded with so many ads, that the site is more annoying than useful.

No use at all.

It's screwed to heck and back in Mozilla 1.3.1, and only looks good in IE. In fact, it's quite pleasant looking in IE...but if you could port that to Mozilla, it'd look fine in Opera too. My website, for example, does not look screwed in Opera, or even in Lynx. So the answer to your question, "doesn't every site look screwed in Opera" is no, as long as it's programmed correctly.

Originally posted by notnamed
It's screwed to heck and back in Mozilla 1.3.1, and only looks good in IE. In fact, it's quite pleasant looking in IE...but if you could port that to Mozilla, it'd look fine in Opera too. My website, for example, does not look screwed in Opera, or even in Lynx. So the answer to your question, "doesn't every site look screwed in Opera" is no, as long as it's programmed correctly.

Thanks for the constuctive criticism. Do you know of any good sites that would help incorporate the other browsers in my site?
Any other helpful sugestions like this would be a tremendous help.

Originally posted by Nocturnal
IE6 here.
Two suggestions
1) Get rid of some ads!
2) Don't use clip art, pay for a designer if need be

Thanks for the constructive criticism.
Are you talking about the ads on just my homepage or somewhere else on my site. I incorporate search boxes in my directory for easier searching. Please let me know.

JUst lose the javascript menu bar.

That's the only things that's screwing up your page.

//edit

If you still want something similar, take a look at some of the the other cross-browser compatible menu bars. I know http://brainjar.com has one.

Last edited:
Originally posted by SearchAt!
Thanks for the constructive criticism.
Are you talking about the ads on just my homepage or somewhere else on my site. I incorporate search boxes in my directory for easier searching. Please let me know.

I was referring to the main page.

Originally posted by Bruce
JUst lose the javascript menu bar.

That's the only things that's screwing up your page.

//edit

If you still want something similar, take a look at some of the the other cross-browser compatible menu bars. I know http://brainjar.com has one.

Thanks Bruce.
I changed it over to DHTML. Please let me know if there is any thing else I should change. I guess I will start staying away from javascript. Can you please check out my site to see how it looks in your browser.

Originally posted by Nocturnal
I was referring to the main page.

Thanks Nocturnal. I took off some of the ads and cleaned up my other main pages. If you have any further suggestions on improving this site, it would be greatly appreciated.

Back