• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I won the paypal dispute!

Tracker

PROFILE NOT FOUND
Staff member
NLC
Ok well my investor split up with his partner and thought it to be wise to file a dispute with paypal. When I started up magnirack they gave me $200 to help out with the costs of getting going. And I was very grateful and was going to get them a % of the money back as well as host some of the servers they needed hosted for them. Once him and his partner split up he felt he needed to file a paypal dispute for the $200. I tried to talk to him via msn and take care of it outside of paypal but he did not want to work it out so I pushed it in as a claim telling him that if they close it in my favor then there was a good chance he would not get anything out of me. He said ok so it went in as a claim. Well the outcome. I have the $200 back and he is going to be pissed off when he wakes up. Here are the details.

Some images

Notice the -$200 in my account :(

Dispute info page

The full dispute info. Notice the Non Tangible points I made this is what is key to the dispute. Because what he was paying for was non-tangible because what he was mostly paying for was the game servers he was getting from me. [Also notice him flirting with paypal "I love you guys so much <3"]

Also you see him saying I am threatening him on msn. I never did such a thing. I was however trying to work out some sort of deal with him so that both involved would be happy and have a positive outcome from this. He however did not want to do such a thing. He would tell me one thing on msn and then post another to paypal.

This morning I called paypal to see if I could sort of hurry the process along that way I could get back to business. Talked to Mark [Thanks Mark!] and he said chances are a few minutes after we get off the phone it will be closed in my favor as long as everything adds up. He just had to make sure and review the case and that everything adds up. A few minuets later I got the following email

Dear Dylan Spencer,

We have concluded our investigation of the Buyer Complaint for the
transaction detailed below.

According to the User Agreement, PayPal's Buyer Complaint Policy applies
only to the shipment of goods and not to services and other intangible
goods. For that reason, we are unable to take any action regarding this
complaint. We encourage you to work directly with the buyer to resolve this
issue.

-----------------------------------
Transaction Details

Buyer's Name: Chris ****
Buyer's Email: ****
Buyer's Transaction ID: 9****

Transaction Date: Sep 15, 2008
Transaction Amount: -$200.00 USD
Your Transaction ID: 9****
Case Number: PP-***-***-277

Seller's Transaction ID: 9****

Other Details

There are no other details regarding this transaction at this time.

Thank you for your cooperation with this investigation.

Sincerely,
Mark
PayPal
Protection Services Department

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you
will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account
and click the Help link in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

Log back into my paypal account and was greeted by a very happy looking positive balance.

The moral of the story here is. If you play your cards right then you can and will win paypal disputes. No I am not saying that your gonna win all of them but as long as you do things the right way your going to win. As for what my next step with the guy who filed the dispute. I might still offer him something. Depends on his actions when he wakes up in a few hours.

:beer:

[All identifiable information has been removed to keep the other party's identity confidential.]

lol, nice! xD Just a few hours ago, a buyer filled a "non authorized payment" to me for an item i sell at expertzzz (language pack for dolphin).

Just some issues with the paypal site haven't let me respond :p But once i do that, it's all straight from there XD

The buyer's explanations for the dispute was really poor... :D

Indeed. Might have been half the reason I won the dispute

These were my thoughts exactly. He sounded very immature and incoherent, whereas you sounded like an adult. I'm sure that went strongly in your favour.

The "I love you guys!!! <3" was pretty lame :rolleyes2.

All things considered, I'm not sure I'd offer him anything :p.

The "I love you guys!!! <3" was pretty lame :rolleyes2.

Ding ding ding! You've won the banana! :evilb:

I hate paypal right now, i can't respond to my dispute, everytime i click on the "Solve now" button, it brings a general error. And paypal hasn't responded to my email.

I'm gonna hack it. Yeah, like i could. :ninja:

Ding ding ding! You've won the banana! :evilb:

I hate paypal right now, i can't respond to my dispute, everytime i click on the "Solve now" button, it brings a general error. And paypal hasn't responded to my email.

I'm gonna hack it. Yeah, like i could. :ninja:

Call them. Thats what I did and 5min after I got off the phone. Resolved!

The problem is.... my talked english kinda sucks... xD

... read your sentence out loud and tell me whats wrong with it :p

"The problem is; my spoken english kinda sucks" would be slightly better :p

(I'm just picking on you; ignore me)

Don't worry, in fact, it was a sarcasm. That's why i said "talked", refering to my "talked" english, lol. Man, what does an Erizo has to do to make a sarcasm? -_-

Don't worry, in fact, it was a sarcasm. That's why i said "talked", refering to my "talked" english, lol. Man, what does an Erizo has to do to make a sarcasm? -_-

lol Speaking of paypal errors listen to this mp3

Its what I got to hear the first couple times I called paypal

Talked!

Maybe you should hire Borat. "Talked files of dispute make for fast result of call at Paypal".

Back