• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

ideas need for my free order hosting script

mattie005

Hi, I own free hosting manager, a free hosting order script.

We have decided to make the order page in different steps. We need a page for the:

* Package Selection
* Username
* Email
* Domain
* Terms of Service Agreement (optional to the person using the script if they want the people signing up to have to agree to their TOS)
* Image Verification (optional to the person using the script if they want the people signing up to have verify they are not a BOT)
* Signup Key (optional to the person using the script if they want people to be forced to enter a signup key or not.)

I want to know what order they should go in when someone is ordering and if you think 2 should be joined together (eg. TOS agreement + image v on same page)
Basically your thoughts and ideas on how i could script this new order page.
Should i put them all on the same file (index.php?act=whatever) or different files (step1.php, step2.php etc)?

Here is the link to the existing order page.

Thank you. :)

I can only make the following suggestions:
- Have a demo on your site
- Make the download available in gzip and/or bzip2 achieves for linux users.

The less pages, the easier. I suggest having 2 pages, the first page allows them to select their package, allows them to enter the domain they want to use, or select a subdomain, or purchase an additional domain as well as allowing them to specify their username/password. The 2nd page would have the total amount and the form to fill out with their credit card details. The third page would be the thank you page.

Back