• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

IE Incorrectly displaying nested div

Corazu

GO HABS GO
NLC
I've got an problem with IE improperly placing a nested div below the parent container; I'm unsure why precisely this is happening (aside from IE sucks) since it works just fine in Firefox/Chrome.

http://www.thebandforces.com

If you notice, the footer in IE is all the way down the page (since the container has a top: 764px; to move it to the bottom of the above container - but since IE is placing this beneath the parent container instead of inside it, it's floating all the way down there..not fun.

1 alternative would be to cut the border images and just place the footer outside of the parent container, however, I have the text floating over part of the footer container as well, and I can't do that with a separated container.

Any ideas?

For me, Firefox 3.0.8 shows it the same as IE8. Using the User Agent Extension shows it the same as IE7 and Opera 9.25.

Yea, worse comes to worse I'll try splitting the container out and hope that IE will still display the overflow on top of the footer element still; Would achieve the same look, but not exactly the way I wanted it to be done.

I gave up on trying to force IE to conform to the standards and just made a fix to the slices and containers so it display properly.

Back