• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Interesting e-mail....

JasonS

What goes here?
NLC
Hey,

In the last 24 hours I've received two of the same e-mail containing this content ;

I am khalid mahmoud from Bahrain,I have been diagnosed with Oesophageal cancer. It has defiled all
forms of medical treatment,I have few months to live. I have decided to give alms to charity
organizations. I cannot do this myself because of my health. I have Eighteen Million USD
with a finance House abroad. Can you help me collect this deposit and dispatch it to
charity organizations? You will take 20% for your assistance. reply via: khld.mahmoud@gmail.com

It's from EGIDEON@exchange.clemson.edu

What do you think?

looks like someones uni email acct has been hijacked, or the PC has a virus :p

Maybe reply to the email telling them.

Hey,

I'm sure that a hosting company out there is selling details because I get sooo many spam e-mails every day, it's ridiculous!

I'm sure that a hosting company out there is selling details because I get sooo many spam e-mails every day

There's one hell of a lot of people out there selling email addresses, so what suddenly makes you think it's a host, not only that just catching domain lists and e-mailing all the usual prefixes.

Personally I'd throw them into a limepit, but since no one in authority is that bothered to catch and stop them we're all just going to have to live with it, especially as long as bulletproof mail servers are being made available.

i get alot of these. anything relating to money, someone dieing, or helping out by making a bank account, i just flag.

i get alot of spam it's annoying. the email i use, and have done for years, like 7 ish or something now. i get about 1000 a day. and because it's the stupid spam filter, i have to go through them, to make sure emails like from friends/activation emails and such, aren't lost.

one time, i lost the internet for like 4 months, then i went to Spain for a holiday for 4 months, when i got the net back at home, i checked my email, i had nearly 100k emails. spent ages going through them ._.

i know i should get rid, but it's my main one.

The worste part is when they forge it from your server. had a few of those, forged from my main server IP, and once from my email, TO MY EMAIL? They emailed me with MY email as the forge? wow...

that's just a fraud. I also receive similar emails, along with emails claiming that they have money from Nigeria or whatever country.

:tired2:

Back