• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Interview Advice?

utcrazy

Wo ist mein handy
NLC
Hi Folks,

It's been quite a while since I've had a job interview. As some of you may know, I'm a freelance audio engineer working with sound reinforcement as well as some recording studio jobs. Over the next few months I am going to try to lay down some ground as far as either going on tour for the majority of my time, or perhaps taking a respectable audio rentals job for a few years to lay down some foundation for live sound installations. The sound gigs are nice currently, but I want to bankroll a bit more.

I have a few interviews this week. I got the rock solid resume together, the much sought after references, and now it's up to me.

What advice would you give for the perfect interview? Obviously I am going to try and impress with my vast knowledge, but it's about more than that.

Any advice you have would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

-Mark

When I had an interview (it was like last year sometime), the most important thing I had to know was about the company, how it started etc. Turns out I never got asked a single thing about the company though.

Live by the motto "Short and sweet (to stay on your feet)".

As said above, learn about the company your applying to work for/with..
It will impress the employer if you can speak out some things about the company.

While it is a good idea to learn a bit more about the company so you can get an idea of what you're in for and what they are looking for be careful trying to impress them with your knowledge of the company because if you start telling the interviewer about his company and you get something wrong, it will be very bad.

My advice would be to relax and take some deep breaths before going in. It doesn't hurt to be a bit nervous when going in for a new job since it shows you really care about getting it, but also don't be a spaz to the point where you start knocking things over or crapping your pants.

If you got the solid resume and did some really good work, your accomplishments will speak for themselves and I am sure you will get in. The interview is more of a test to see if you are a culture fit with the company than it is a run down of your credentials (other than clarifying any points that the company isn't clear about on your resume).

---- man, just be you. If you're qualified then you're already ahead of the game, just come across as a real person, and you'll be gold.

For the record, I wouldn't even want to have the interview. I'd take your current job in a second. I want to do way more recording and way less live sound.

Hi Folks,

It's been quite a while since I've had a job interview. As some of you may know, I'm a freelance audio engineer working with sound reinforcement as well as some recording studio jobs. Over the next few months I am going to try to lay down some ground as far as either going on tour for the majority of my time, or perhaps taking a respectable audio rentals job for a few years to lay down some foundation for live sound installations. The sound gigs are nice currently, but I want to bankroll a bit more.

I have a few interviews this week. I got the rock solid resume together, the much sought after references, and now it's up to me.

What advice would you give for the perfect interview? Obviously I am going to try and impress with my vast knowledge, but it's about more than that.

Any advice you have would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

-Mark

Mark,

Make sure you can answer the questions, "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" and "What is your biggest strength, and your biggest weakness?'

For some reason, interviewers love these two questions now! :eek3:

Blank, I indeed love what I do and will continue the usual gigs, but I want a bit of a day job sometimes. Touring full time for 6 months or whatever would be quite fun.

Back