• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

iPhone OS 4.0

All of the features are features that it should have had anyway, features that most other phones have as standard. Like multitasking, home screen wallpapers, digital zoom.

I have iPhone OS 4.0 because I'm a developer. There is either a bug not allowing home screen wallpapers on the 3G or it's a feature. That would be very bad if it wasn't allowed because my old Sony Ericsson phone and all the phones have wallpapers.

I agree, they should have been features in the first OS release as most phones already have them. I have a Symbian s60 phone (Nokia E71) and love it although more and more apps are being released only for iPhone now.

The update is a laugh, i've had pretty much all those features through my jailbreak, and they're are better. if the idea of Backgrounder with multitasking were mixed it wpuld be better.

Apple was just playing catchup to the hackers with this update. Maybe to make way for iAds? I can ser their point, give users more reason to use an official OS image with the most used hacked features, then msybe they'd use it rather than jailbreaking?

and stuff, Apple said the 3G / iPod 2nd gen won't have most of the OS4 features, perhaps that is one of them? multitasking was defiantly one of them. "they don't support it" - i'd say more of a "we want to make people finally upgrade" which Steve said would be "nice".

Steve actually said terrific not nice. Someone who finds makes jailbreaks for iPhones and jailbroke is iPhone OS 4 phone found a file with the setting multitasking = FALSE. So that means I just have to jailbreak to get the official multitasking support! It's stupid because I have to wait till next year for my 3 year contract to expire, so I'll be getting an awesome phone!

Back