• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

iPod Touch 3G

Dynash

It gets better.
NLC
I'm curious if such a service exists in the UK.

2g.jpg

iPod > Wifi Connected to: 3G Receiver > Connected to 3G networks.
I know they do in the USA, which is why I'm curious. I know they offer these dongles and cards in the UK too, but they're for laptops and are usually powered by USB.

Eh? I know the iPhone is capable of 3G, but you have to have an AT&T plan. Hm...although its kind of pointless to have 3G if you have a wireless connection. Why? Because a Wi-Fi connection is usually better/faster than a 3G one.

Eh? I know the iPhone is capable of 3G, but you have to have an AT&T plan. Hm...although its kind of pointless to have 3G if you have a wireless connection. Why? Because a Wi-Fi connection is usually better/faster than a 3G one.

He said wifi connected to 3G reciever, not a wireless access point or wireless router.

AT&T don't exist in the UK.

I want an adapter for 3G networks, just like you can buy almost anywhere which come with their monthly fees, I know. But none of them as far as I know can connect to a device through WiFi/bluetooth, only card and USB - both are useless. Without it, I'd have to rely on Free WiFi spots. (Which beats the purpose of using the iPod as a iPhone, just without the price and other things I don't need/want.) If I had the dongle, perhaps battery powered, it could be placed in my pocket/bag.

If not I would consider the iPhone, or forget the idea all together. I just like the iPod for the 64GB storage.

edit: Found something that is what I'm after on 3. It's connected through Bluetooth (I think), but it's exspensive/ and comes with a iPod. I want to buy my own first. http://threestore.three.co.uk/dealsummary.aspx?offercode=24MB5GD022

Oh,actually, I think it's different and not what I'm after?

Last edited:
There is a supermarket chain in the UK preparing to offer the iPhone for 20 pounds per month. Might be worth a look.

Wow, didn't even know they had something like this. Will definitely have to check it out for my Touch!

Probably Tesco Mobile. I'll wait and see, would still prefer the touch.
Tesco Mobile - Yeah :(

There's not a single general thing you can't get at Tesco now a days.

Did you hear the proposed plans for Tesco Motors car dealerships? It's mental.

MiFi is a brilliant idea, but it needs to be implemented more, and I want that 4G network Sprint has in the US, bet that's quick....

MiFi is a brilliant idea, but it needs to be implemented more, and I want that 4G network Sprint has in the US, bet that's quick....
Implemented more, where? Apple probably hate Mifi for the exact reason I want to use it for.

Implemented more, where? Apple probably hate Mifi for the exact reason I want to use it for.

I mean it needs to be offered more, such as o2, Orange, Vodafone, anyone who offers a Mobile Dongle, should really offer a MiFi dongle.

Well... as long one of those providers (T Mobile, Vodafone, O2 and Orange) is available in the UK, the service should be also available.

I did a bit more research, this is perfect. Mifi from Three is currently the ONLY ones to offer this service in the UK. America has Verizon (Among others I believe), who had it from last Summer.

It's still around £50 to buy the Mifi adapter, which has around 5+ battery life, connects to the device through Wifi or Bluetooth. Then you have your monthly allowance. 3's 3G network is WAY WAY better than O2. It has near perfect coverage. The only thing I can nitpick about the Mifi adapter is how new it is. It's not perfect. To enable the device can be a pain in the --- at the beginning, but anyone with two brain cells can work it out.

I think I will defiantly save up, buy a iPod Touch and Mifi. Screw getting a iPhone contract considering this IS the alternative that providers are offering.

Back