• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Is Adobe Image-Styler worth getting?

Gayowulf

G-d
NLC
I am inexperienced in the art of web graphics. I want to learn, and at the same time produce some decent looking graphics. Is image styler a good bet? if not are there some other good ones out there?

In case you didn't know, ImageStyler is no longer being produced. Instead, adobe has released livemotion, which is almost identical to imagestyler + a few new requested features and animation capabilites. Its so similar to ImageStyler that its often referred to as ImageStyler 2.

yeah but...

In case you didn't know, ImageStyler is no longer being produced. Instead, adobe has released livemotion, which is almost identical to imagestyler + a few new requested features and animation capabilites. Its so similar to ImageStyler that its often referred to as ImageStyler 2.

Living proof that i dont really know what im talking about.
but is it worth getting?

I just purchased LiveMotion form the Adobe store for two reasons; 1 I have flash 4.0 and wanted to upgrade to 5.0 but found the upgrade price too high. Adobe LiveMotion is on sale at the Adobe store for $99.00! I couldent pass it up and since I spend most of my time working with Adobe software and their interfaces, this was a worth while purchase for me. I wanted seamless intergration between software applications.

Go to http://www.adobe.com and visit their store & check it out, and if you buy now you get free shipping.

To answer your question, I have yet to open the box and install LiveMotion so cannot "user" advise. If you plan on using Adobe software i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator, etc, you might want to go this route over Flash. Seamless intergration is key... for my work anyways. Can't really lose at this price, even if you decide to buy Flash later on...for what ever reasons.

Also look at Photoshop 6.0 the best version to date that has Adobe image ready 3.0 bundled with it. You will find this program to be a serious foundation in your work now and in the future. A must purchase in my opinion.

Scott

Yes, Image Styler is worth getting. You can still buy it at stores. It isn't making a new version of it, but you can still buy it from retailers.

It's a great program. I definately advise everyone to get it :)

If you got some cash to burn, pickup PhotoShop 5.5 or PhotoShop 6.0. These are the best of the best for making graphics. However, the best of the best means the price is the biggest of the big. We're talking $550-$600 USD. Yeah, you're thinking "Holy shit! For graphics?". Well try doing what I did and get a photojournalism class at school (If you're in school) and borrow their copy because they should have one.

A FREE alternative is GIMP, which is for LINUX but has a Windows version. You can download it at http://www.gimp.org. If you're good with it, it can give you results as good as PhotoShop.

Another thing, don't get Paint Shop Pro ($99 alternative to PhotoShop) and expect to switch to PhotoShop easily. PSP is ass-backwards compared to Photoshop so the transition can be hard. But if you don't plan on switching, PSP is a solid choice for a graphics manipulation program. It also comes with Animation Shop to make animated web graphics.

Hope that helps :D

cool

I ve seen what photoshop can do. There is a peson near me who runs a photo place and he has photoshop plus a couple other programs he said were worth several thousand $.

I can get photoshop free from school i think but maybe not because all the computers with it have a hasp on the back so i doubt it. im sure i can find it somewhere else though

thanks for the help

Back