• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Is hosting getting harder?

IMO everything in life is harder if we do not update ourselves and work hard to achieve our targets.
Regarding Hosting, in earlier days there were few host who were able to handle all hosting requirements but now the situation is different, each and everyone wants to get into this over populated hosting world and want to want to be at top within few days/months which is not possible.

IMO everything in life is harder if we do not update ourselves and work hard to achieve our targets.
Regarding Hosting, in earlier days there were few host who were able to handle all hosting requirements but now the situation is different, each and everyone wants to get into this over populated hosting world and want to want to be at top within few days/months which is not possible.

Agreed. Takes time.

Even if, it is harder...

Every human wants to get the biggest bang for his buck, where do you think they go? Backyardigans (Im kidding)

No, they go to the place with the least price for the most which is most likely to shut down in a matter of weeks.

The fact is, it's getting to be way to easy to START a business these days... With all these people running and competing, customers are of course going to be scarce.

Let's face it, I'm not the next Rapidshare or at least not yet. Who are people going to trust? Big names or me? Another point is all of these big named businesses are going to take every customer unless you offer more for less. Even then its based on how reliable you are.

For me, it just seems like there's always someone that can one-up you with their hosting plans compared to yours, be it they give more options and resources than you, or they cost less, there's always competition, there's always someone that can one-up you, and of course there's still the Go-Daddy and Yahoo problem.

Well it is all about what you put in is what you get. It is a very saturated market which make is all more dificult to gain new clients but also if you do provide a reliable/quality service you find that your current clients will tell there friends that they use you.

I think you're right, it is getting harder. Not only to gain clients, but to retain them! New hosting "companies" are opening everyday, and as such, the amount of host advertising has also increased. Anywhere a user goes he sees offers for 300GB disc space and 3000GB bandwidth for $3 a month! Most of us in the business know that this is just a loss leader and overselling to the extreme, but to the unknowing client, it's the offer of a lifetime!

I refuse to be one of those overselling hosts, but it seems like it has become a must!

meh, the hardest thing is to find hardworking, dedicated, trustworthy people that have the same vision you have.

You don't have to oversell, but if you have higher range of price on the plans you offer, you have to find a niche sector.

Why new hosting companies do not switch to a web-product hosting. I mean hosting for drupal, zope, bulletin boards. So customers do not have to go through even cpanel or shell, they get a properly configured web software ready to run... I'm a little bit far from hosting business, so correct me if this is a wrong way.

I wouldn't say its harder, it just takes dedicatoin. The reason alot of host's have to shut down is because they think it's just a big picknick, and doesn't take alot of work. You'll find host's that dedicate time and money into it will do pretty good.

Back