• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Is this host a scam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jainy25

I was thinking of buying a reseller when I met my eyes with this website - http://rack0.com/

if anyone has tried them, how has their service been? is it worth the cost or is it completely bad?

Ask yourself, are Alpha master resellers good practice? Can I really get 500GB space and 5TB bandwidth for $13 a month?

Well..I want to buy reseller account for $5.95. But still..I googled for their review, but couldn't find any negative review of theirs.

Give them a try and make sure you have good backups. All you have to loose is $ 5.95 (and some of your time I guess).

I would stay away after submitting a ticket to there support about there staff I was banned from socall abusing there staff. You'll get banned for asking to many question I consider this host is overselling he doesn't have enough servers I'm guessing it's only a 1 hosting provider you won't get that reliable of a support

Part 1
part1.jpg

Part 2
part2.jpg

Part 3 - Then Banned from Ticket center

My Ticket I submitted was deleted ? Proof Below

Last edited:
Hello,

Thank you for your review.

I will try and clear as much of this up as possible.

PowerHosting123 joined the chat and as you can see from the screen shots taken, our live chat operator answered all of his questions. The only question he was unable to answer was "How many servers do you have". So, he simply stated that he cannot disclose this information. PowerHosting123 then asked a couple more questions and attempted to ask the very same question again. The question was "how many servers do you have". Now our operator could clearly see where this conversation was going as PowerHosting123 was making a big deal about this question. The live chat operator then said the following to PowerHosting123:

Seeing as how I have answered all of your questions, I am going to go ahead and leave the live chat now. Have a great night, bye.

Now as you can see, the live chat operator was very professional.

After the live chat operator had closed the chat, PowerHosting123 then joined the chat again using a proxy. Here is the chat log for his second conversation:

[SYSTEM]: Conversation started [6/14/2010 2:07:12 AM].
[]: Hello, how can I help you today?
[Visitor]: In need of assistance. (Conversation directed to any operator).
[Visitor]: I'm wanting to start webhosting how many sites would I be able to host on the alpha master resellers ?
[]: You can host unlimited websites.
[Visitor]: Do you've 2 or 3 servers or only 1 server ?
[]: Unfortunately I cannot disclose this information.
[Visitor]: Why can't you disclose that information to me sir ?
[Visitor]: I'm will to buy reason is i'm wanting to know if you've more then 1 location in other areas ?
[]: All of our servers are located in the Lansing Michigan Liquid Web Data center.
[Visitor]: you won't state how many server you though ?
[Visitor]: why is this ?
[]: As said before, I cannot disclose this information.
[Visitor]: I don't think it's any harm to disclose that information ?
[Visitor]: what about estimated ?

As you can see, PowerHosting123 was starting to abuse our staff by using a proxy to pose as someone else so that he could join the chat and ask the same questions that our live chat operator could not answer. The conversation was then closed once again. He then submitted a ticket telling us that our staff member was rude and that he should be fired, so we simply reviewed what happened and banned PowerHosting123 IP(s) so that he could not continue to abuse our staff.

Thank you for your time everyone.

Have a good night.

How's that abusing your staff if a simple question like how many server do you've online abuse towards your staff. I don't think it's a harm to disclose that information of how many server you got online there are plenty of host we're willing to say how many server they got online.

From what I see, the support staff manners is ok in the chat screen shots.
i dun see why the support staff r consider as rude.

but 1 thing i dun understand, why PowerHosting123 is banned for asking so much questions...

I went with them, they are fine for cheap resellers and their servers are always speedy.
Dont use them for high hit sites, or sites that have 100s of files as you have a file limit, its stated in the terms of service, they are fine though, they even have telephone verification so they are serious about not allowing abusers, over all I had a good time with them, they quickly answered my support questions and installed my scripts hassle free when I asked them to...
Infact I found there support supreme, A++++, the only thing I didnt like was the file limit idea, but the file limit was something like 10,000 files..
I left due to the file limit, didnt like the idea and bought a VPS else where.

If I was going to get a reseller again, I would buy from them.
Powerhosting is just a troll.

That wasn't abuse...
I do agree it is not abuse BUT, we all know why powerhosting went there, to make them look bad! this is poor practices from someone that is meant to have their own host, its obvious he went there to get that out come......

However, rack0 its best not to feed the trolls by banning them harshly, it will make you look bad even though your not.

Last edited:
I went with them, they are fine for cheap resellers and their servers are always speedy.
Dont use them for high hit sites, or sites that have 100s of files as you have a file limit, its stated in the terms of service, they are fine though, they even have telephone verification so they are serious about not allowing abusers, over all I had a good time with them, they quickly answered my support questions and installed my scripts hassle free when I asked them to...
Infact I found there support supreme, A++++, the only thing I didnt like was the file limit idea, but the file limit was something like 10,000 files..
I left due to the file limit, didnt like the idea and bought a VPS else where.

Thanks Darknight. Now I'll see what can be done.

they must of added that recently, I could upload files larger than 2mb.
Honestly though what did you expect for that price?? everything?? lmfao.

Like I said, they where good for me but had a file limit on how many files you could host, I didnt like the limit so I left, support was good and they where good to deal with, however I went there expecting the worse so I was presently surprised.
You went there expecting everything for nothing.

Last edited:
I'm looking to switching to another host, they have a file size limit of 2MBs. It's 2010, even .jpgs you take with your camera are bigger than 2 MBS.

Stay away from them if you are planning to have files bigger than 2 MBs. What a joke, 2 Mbs.

Hello,

Yojance, I'm not sure why you are so upset, we have always had this limit in place.

Yojance, is simply upset because we have our upload_max_filesize set to 2MB. Yojance, please keep in mind that all our clients have the same limitations, so it's not just you.

I'd also like to mention that if we never had limitations put in place, we would not be able to offer the plans we do at the great rates we offer them for.

Have a good night.

Best Regards,

oh only php max file upload??
Thats nothing, alot of hosts have the default 2M set.
That is more something to do with shared hosting than any host, yes some do allow higher limits for that but not alot.
Reasons like that is why I use VPS these days, you are free to set any limit you want then.

How's that abusing your staff if a simple question like how many server do you've online abuse towards your staff. I don't think it's a harm to disclose that information of how many server you got online there are plenty of host we're willing to say how many server they got online.
I agree. 123hosting wasn't "abusing the staff", nor were they rude and unprofessional. But it's Rack0's business, and it's his right to ban other hosts from wasting his time if he so wants to.

I would stay away after submitting a ticket to there support about there staff I was banned from socall abusing there staff.
Why are you even bothering contacting them when you have your own hosting business? You trying to put down yet another host? You know what happened last time you did that :shame:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back