• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

It's a shame about hostingdeparment.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ihostdev

It's a shame these days when people puchase software then turn around and defraud companies doing chargebacks for no just cause.

back on march 3rd they purchased a ihost owned server license and a ipanel owned license from us.

They had some licensing and file corruptions problems with the ihost software which was fixed. All new files were sent today. As soon as they got the fixed files they decided to email us saying thanks and they were sure to post a positive feedback shortly only to turn around and file chargebacks for both purchases they make using stormpay. All while still offering our software to there customers for free. that can be seen on there site.

I really should not say they in this post as it has been craig i was contacted by using these forums here, and who has been the one getting the support from me. Now you would think someone who is a active member of this forum and advertises there services would not do such a dishonest business move like this as all this does is leads company's like us to post negative post about there behavior and actions showing all there potential customers how they are.

I will continue to post on every forum i visit which is a lot throught the coming weeks about this dishonest company and there business practices. We will also be adding a wall of shame to our site listing there business there showing the 15,000 unique customers a month we get what kind of company they should stay away from for there hosting needs.

Copy of the stormpay emails:
Dear ryan shaffer,

This is to inform you that the transaction below has resulted in a Charge Back.

----------------------------
Original Transaction Details
Type: Payment
Date: March 3, 2006
ID: 8799799
Amount: $99.95
Product/Service: IHOST SERVER LICENSE**

Thank you for using StormPay!

The StormPay Team

Emails #2
Dear ryan shaffer,

This is to inform you that the transaction below has resulted in a Charge Back.

Original Transaction Details
Type: Payment
Date: March 3, 2006
ID: 8804349
Amount: $25.00
Product/Service: IPANEL OWNED LICENSE FROM HOSTINGDEPARTMENT (CRAIG)

Thank you for using StormPay!

The StormPay Team

I hope craig reads this and makes this issue good.

Last edited:
Hi Ryan

Trust me, I have made no chargebacks, the funds where taken from the funds in our stormpay account. We didnt pay with any creditcard so we cant issue a chargeback nor we wouldnt issue any chargeback. I will contact stormpay & I also urge you to do the same. If you want any screen shots I will provide them, as above, we havent issued any chargeback on you & we are very happy with the support & contact you have made with us. Calling us theive's is totally un-called for without knowing the correct facts first, I cant understand why this has happended as we didnt use a creditcard to pay for the software.

Last edited:
x10|Robert said:
Sure is Odd how Stormpay would issue a chargeback AND also charge ryan a $25.00 chargeback fee... :(

I have screen shots to show how it was paid & it wasnt paid using a creditcard. This also happended to a client off ours last week who issued a chargeback on us but to find out that it was stormpay that did the chargeback. Trust me Ryan, we are a company, why would we risk our reputation on this? as I know full fact that you post on FWS & WHT. If you would of contacted me I would of sent the funds to your paypal account. This was done by stormpay & not us. Am sorry Ryan but calling us theive's, now that has angered me, you should of contacted me in the first place.

Last edited:
Well Craig,

You need to look at this from my point of view. Due to the license issues i gave you a unencrypted/unlicensed version to distribute and several hours later i get these emails? What would you think other then you have been taken.

I have never had a problem like this before using either stormpay or paypal and would submit a ticket but this was not initiated on my end so i would be wasting my time as from stormpays stand point it shows this being initiated from your account and they will be sure to just say the buyer must contact us, however i will refrain from any more post on any forums till you get a responce from stormpay as i was under the understanding you were satisfied with the results and could not figure out why i would get chargebacks from you without contacting us first about any other issues.

ihostdev said:
Well Craig,

You need to look at this from my point of view. Due to the license issues i gave you a unencrypted/unlicensed version to distribute and several hours later i get these emails? What would you think other then you have been taken.

I have never had a problem like this before using either stormpay or paypal and would submit a ticket but this was not initiated on my end so i would be wasting my time as from stormpays stand point it shows this being initiated from your account and they will be sure to just say the buyer must contact us, however i will refrain from any more post on any forums till you get a responce from stormpay as i was under the understanding you were satisfied with the results and could not figure out why i would get chargebacks from you without contacting us first about any other issues.

I am VERY happy with the software, I wouldn't pay over $120 for nothing, I was investing in our company & frankly you should of contacted us first before you made any accusation. I find this unprofessional & personally which has angered me in such a way that its angered you. Please email me at: craig@hostingdepartment.net & also forward the copy of emails from stormpay as until now I haven't had any email from them saying that a chargeback has been issued on our company account. Once you verify that I will send the funds to your paypal account (please also state this).

Craig said:
This also happended to a client off ours last week who issued a chargeback on us but to find out that it was stormpay that did the chargeback.

I think after that i would not have chosen to use stormpay anymore.

Sorry for the harsh terms and it will not allow me to edit the title but i am sure you got the same 2 emails at 2:30 this afternoon from stormpay concerning this and should have rasied a eye as to why this was reversed. If you didn't get any emails then i suggest yu empty your stormpay account and end business with them as something is not right with them.

I hope since this was there actions that they are going to refund my account the fees they charged me to make my account negative.

ihostdev said:
I think after that i would not have chosen to use stormpay anymore.

Sorry for the harsh terms and it will not allow me to edit the title but i am sure you got the same 2 emails at 2:30 this afternoon from stormpay concerning this and should have rasied a eye as to why this was reversed. If you didn't get any emails then i suggest yu empty your stormpay account and end business with them as something is not right with them.

I hope since this was there actions that they are going to refund my account the fees they charged me to make my account negative.

Well, we wont be using them anymore if they are issuing
un-authorized chargebacks on companies, as above, they have already done this on one of our clients & also as above, we havent had any emails regards to this subject. You are welcome to view our email logs on this from the time you stated above. The emails have now come through. Please provide your paypal email address & I will get Lisa to send the funds to you now & I would also like this thread being editted by a mod or admin as this counts as slandering IMO (without knowing the facts).

Last edited:
i sent you a email saying that i already submitted this to the mods to have edited and also our paypal email address and also appologized for the harsh words.

PAID:

Dear Hosting Department,

Your payment for $124.95 USD to ryns***@verizon.net has been sent.

Currency Conversion: £74.07 GBP = $124.95 USD
The exchange rate for this purchase is 1 GBP = 1.68714USD

I now learn that this has also happended to my friend Decker (FWS member), Decker, if you see this PM me & I will get funds over to you. I will be contacting our company lawyer about this as stormpay is a scam & a fraud.

This issue has been resolved and if the mods would kindly lock/delete this thread it would be appreciated by all.

ihostdev said:
This issue has been resolved and if the mods would kindly lock/delete this thread it would be appreciated by all.

Thank you, I would like this thread deleted.

Craig said:
PAID:

Dear Hosting Department,

Your payment for $124.95 USD to ryns***@verizon.net has been sent.

Currency Conversion: £74.07 GBP = $124.95 USD
The exchange rate for this purchase is 1 GBP = 1.68714USD

I now learn that this has also happended to my friend Decker (FWS member), Decker, if you see this PM me & I will get funds over to you. I will be contacting our company lawyer about this as stormpay is a scam & a fraud.

no way am i using storm pay! and hostingdepartment is still one of the top hosts around and they sure wudnt do nething like that

StormPay really sucks big time ... Some partners of storm pay has ran away with millions of online transaction from Auto Surf Companies as the FBI is running through a full check on all their systems ... so please switch to E-Gold or PayPal ... Thank You

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back