• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

iTunes/iPhone new PC...

Keagle

NLC
NLC
I reinstalled Vista because my PC was full of crap. Anyway, besides that, I'd thought I'd backed all my stuff up.

Aside from missing a buttload of school work :)( which I would love to get back...if anyone knows how) my iPhone was synced to that PCs iTunes.

I've got iTunes installed on the new installation, but when I plug my iPhone in it says this iPhone is synced to another PC - syncing it to this pc will erase the contents. Will this just erase the music/movies or will I lose all of it?

I've bought quite a lot of songs and applications, is there anyway to redownload these?

Apologies if it's not clear. In a rambling mindset it seems.

Keagle

As far as I've known, it deletes everything - my friends have had it done aout 5 times to them. Stupid if you ask me.

In Itunes your content is saved in a "profile" through itunes and your music/podcasts/audiobooks wtc is saved to that so Iphone/Itouch/Ipod knows to sync to that when its time to add new content.

Because you reinstalled windows and installed itunes again, its like a new "profile" so it'll prompt you to erase and re-sync, just make sure all your content is in itunes. theres no actuall way to stop it from erasing and re-syncing. u'll have to do it anyways.

yeah, you should have backed up your outlook so you could have all your addresses on your comp so that if it erased your phone, it would sync with the contacts in the address book. that, or, get mobile me free trial, transfer everything from your phone, then re-sync,m aand it should put it all back on your phone.

It basically wipes it. If you synced Mail, Contacts and Calendar through Exchange or MobileMe, they should come back when you readd the account.

Wait! So if I get MobilesSync I can back up all my contact information?

I'm not too fussed about the lost music, just the applications. If I re-sync with iTunes now, and it wipes it but I've MobileSynce'd my contacts...then can I redownload my apps?

Thanks guys! Wish I'd backed up the backup and iTunes libary.

Yes, in part. When you add MobileMe or Exchange, your contacts and calendar get deleted but all new contacts and calendar entries, as well as e-mail messages get synced to your Exchange/MobileMe account.

you can get independent programs to back up your music on your phone. the numbers, i am not sure about

This is what turned me off iPods.
I cant believe they are stupid enough to make it a feature of the iPhone too.

This is what turned me off iPods.
I cant believe they are stupid enough to make it a feature of the iPhone too.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it to stop illegal file sharing between friends etc? If it is, still stupid :p

i was told that you should be able to sync your phone without losing your contacts, but, it will lose your music unless you use a program to back it up. i used one for mine called Xilisoft iPod Rip, and it worked perfectly to save my music. your best bet will be to call apple support man. they got all the answers. good luck Kurt.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it to stop illegal file sharing between friends etc? If it is, still stupid

Yes, but what im not allowed to own more than 1 PC?
Im not allowed to backup my collection?
I cant buy a new PC?

Exactly, that's why I find it a stupid feature. Guess Apple think they'd make more sales from iTunes (And some would actually re-buy it! :/)

In Itunes your content is saved in a "profile" through itunes and your music/podcasts/audiobooks wtc is saved to that so Iphone/Itouch/Ipod knows to sync to that when its time to add new content.

Because you reinstalled windows and installed itunes again, its like a new "profile" so it'll prompt you to erase and re-sync, just make sure all your content is in itunes. theres no actuall way to stop it from erasing and re-syncing. u'll have to do it anyways.

You need to pay for a program (its stupid I know but I recommend http://www.tastybytessoftware.com/

Back