• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Judge: Bush Abortion Ban Unconstitutional

VerticalHost said:
You must realize that there is just as much molestation and abuse in the normal home as there is in the foster home. Probably more. For the reason that Foster parents can't even spank the kids because it is seen as abuse can be thrown in jail because of it. And foster care and adoption are two seperate things so don't get them confused. Most of the foster parents have a heart to help those children, but they have many restrictions making it nearly impossible to become a father or motherlike figure. And most of those children that are in foster care is because they are not wanted by their parents or are runaways.

You say you are very religious, well I can't see how your make nothing out of the "thou shalt not kill" commandment. Abortion is killing. Right after conception the baby starts to grow. You can't say that a fetus is not a baby because it doesn't look like a baby. It's like saying a puppy is not a dog because its not big enough. In the fetus stage it already has its DNA structure and is starting to build around it. So you see where I'm going with that. A baby is a baby no matter what stage in development it is at. Go ask your pastor if abortion is wrong. If he believes women have a choice then find another church. That like gay preachers thinking that it is still ok to preach the word of God, even though they KNOW they are living in sin.

And cloneing is a whole nother subject that I would disagree with you on as well.

Well said! This is exactly what i believe.

I was exagerating. But I do believe that if it was 100% legal, then more and more people would be doing it.
That's the excuse that's commonly used to resist everything, but almost never holds up once it actually becomes a fact. I don't know the impact of legal abortion, but I do know that the impact of legalizing euthanasia here was little to none. All it did was lift up the whole subject out of the taboo sphere and make sure proper rules and procedures were in place. It didn't result in thousands of terminally ill people suddenly jumping to end their life.
Abortions will happen regardless of legal status and there will be no rules, no regulations, no checkups to see if it's done in the proper circumstances, or if she gets the proper counselling after the procedure.
Defending your stand on the subject with religion as basis is wrong because not everyone in this world will share your religious beliefs.
Whether abortion is legal or not will have little or no effect on teen pregnancies, that's a lack of proper education on birth control methods or lack of judgement.
I'm all for having strict screening methods to determine why someone is seeking an abortion and deny it if it's desired for the wrong reasons and explore different solutions but if any woman is at a point where she is considering ending her pregnancy she should be able to inform herself about the risks and consequences and have it performed in a properly sanctioned and supervised procedure.
You don't have to approove of abortion, but you do need to leave room for the fact that for some people it might indeed be the best thing.

As far as the whole "taking a life so it's killing" case goes, I'm curious what those people's view of capital punishment is, since it seems rather warped to me that you can dissaprove of terminating a pregnancy on the basis that it's murder, but sanction and cheer for the execution of a convincted criminal because that's justice being done.

Last edited:
i wouldn't of hear a better explaination of a view towards abortion. it basically rounds up the issue well.

CareBear said:
As far as the whole "taking a life so it's killing" case goes, I'm curious what those people's view of capital punishment is, since it seems rather warped to me that you can dissaprove of terminating a pregnancy on the basis that it's murder, but sanction and cheer for the execution of a convincted criminal because that's justice being done.
Yay! Someone finally pulled out the capital punishment argument. :biggrin2:

I think it's silly for men to argue about abortion. From a personal standpoint, I think all men should be pro-choice. It's not our body. We're not the ones who have to suffer through pregnancy, and hell, thanks to gender roles, we're typically not the ones who have to take care of the baby after pregnancy. If a woman thinks abortion is wrong in all circumstances, that's fine. She understands that if she is raped, it is her moral duty to carry out the baby and raise him/her. But as men, we are rarely if ever raped by women (has anyone actually heard of a woman raping a man?), and of course, we can't get pregnant. I feel that I am not in a position to judge and that this position is better left to the women.

Robert said:
Exactly. So do we allow a woman to give birth to a child she doesn't want and end up neglecting him and abusing him or do we FORCE her to have the child, only to put him in a home where he's neglected and abused?

Putting Religion aside, it's HER BODY. If she wants to have an abortion at an EARLY stage (1-5 wks), then LET HER.

By the 6th week, a heartbeat can be heard (although it's waited until the 11th week), therefore, a woman should be able to have an abortion with the first 5 weeks of finding out she is pregnant.

To force a woman to have a baby is to take away her freedom.
I agree on you with that. If she cannot abort even if she wants to, and doesn't give up her child for adoption, she might ill-treat the child in future and both of them will get into trouble, which is worst IMO.

EG a 15 year old girl might be foolish enough to have sex with a boy and then didn't realise the consequences at the point of them. Then she gets pregnant. What is she going to do with the baby? If abortion is totally banned, then even if her parents doesn't want the baby, they can't do anything.

I believe that if you kill someone purposefully, then you should be killed as well. I don't want to hear a I'm sorry cause that's crap. That's what I believe about capitol punishment.

I agree that abortion will happen reguardless of what law is up. That's common sense. There are laws against shooting someone, speeding, stealing, rape, embezelment. You see all those things today. Making something legal DOES NOT make it just. And if it were legal you would see more teenage pregnancys BECAUSE they can abort babies at free will.

And just to let you know, religion is the only reason why this world is still decent to live in. So saying religion has nothing to do with it is ridiculous.

conkermaniac,
Since you live in China I can see why you say what you say. But if you were to have grown up in the US your respect of women would be much higher.
EG a 15 year old girl might be foolish enough to have sex with a boy and then didn't realise the consequences at the point of them.
Thanks to MTV, teenagers know the consequences of sex and they endorse teenagers to do it.

Like I said before, it all comes down to morals.

I think another problem in the U.S. (a tad off topic here) is that every school in the U.S, every commercial I've seen (except for some MTV), preach abstinence instead of safe sex.

One of the high schools in Miami (Culter Ridge) has the highest rate of hiv/aid infected students in Miami-Dade County, plus the highest rate of pregnant girls. Obviously their "abstinence" program didn't work.

Back