• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Just discovered PS Slicing

Nice start there pugboy.
Id reduce the size of everything tho, seems a littel large.

Agreed. Good start and yeas, resize everything.
Would also recommend saving the images as .gif or .png rather than .jpg

It's good for a start yes, but word of advice. Never ever use PS to actually create the HTML. Set PS to images only and then learn how to properly slice a webpage. Google some tutorials.

Hmm, nice start, definitely better than mine a few years ago. :p

I would recommend fading out the reflection a bit more.

o_O

Says that it is valid an everything :p

if you also checked clean markup with HTML tidy, a separate codebox or so will appear with the cleaned code (some tags may be switched around and/or removed as well.) HTML Tidy may also make css styles as well, like if you used the <center> tag.

Don't see anything :/

I am recoding it by hand anyways, but the images seem to have spaces in between them...

I did check it. It was under "more options".

Doesn't work for me :/

EDIT:
I uploaded the hand-coded design. Any more cments? (Same link)

Last edited:
By the way, PS Slicing has been around since like, Photoshop 7 or so.

PS also has a "Photo Gallery" maker that functions in the same manner, outputs HTML, thumbs, etc. And JavaScript accordingly.

I would not put text on images at all, as it makes images larger in size, now to OP get the hang of using divs to put text on images. That is ur next task !

I wasn't telling him to put text on images. I was telling him to change the text color. But I do agree with you.

Back