• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Just One Question,Plz All Hosting Providers Respond.

e3sarcom

Hi All,
Just i have one question that needs to be answered by most or all hosting providers and companys...

If any one have apaid account until 12 aug 2009 in your company, and for any reasion he has pointed the domain to another name server and still using the hosting account in your company using the ip and user name , Do you have the right to delete or deactive his account, If yes why ?

Notice that his account is normal and legal ..

Your respond is very importand.

thank you very much.

No. The account is paid for and it needs to be running. Unless stated otherwise in the company TOS.

In my view, an ethical provider has two options.

1: Agree with the client a cancellation and provide a pro-rata refund.

2: Leave the account as is until the end of his current cycle.

Thank you very much James.

In my view, an ethical provider has two options.

1: Agree with the client a cancellation and provide a pro-rata refund.

They didn`t tell me about deactivated the account, at the same time i don`t want to leave thim cuz i have an importand and big data which i can`t restore on my server cuz they have no Cpanel on the server .

2: Leave the account as is until the end of his current cycle.

that is agood resolution , and if they agree i`ll continue with them and pay to them the renewal fees after the end ofcurrent cycle.

any how , they`ve opened my site now , but told me another reasion and new one :

your account has been uploading malicious utilities constantly

While i have nothing like that ,I`ve told them to let me know the direcory of these things to delete it , But i`m sure i have nothing.
www.m8w.com
this is my site , it is an upload - download site with just 2 mega of size per there server`s allowance, unless some legal files i`ve uploaded it using the ftp.

Thank you again for your respond.

Best Regards,
E3sarcom.

No provider should cancel your account just because you pointed your nameservers elsewhere. If that is in their TOS, I would not do business with the provider.

You are saying that the company is not dot5hosting, but has the same TOS? Unless they are owned by the same company, that is a big red flag right there.

Thank you Galaxy for your opinion . Yes the company is Dot5hosting itself, and i`ve been with them sice 2005 right now. the account was working on the ip with the two addon domains for more than 6 monthes , and they was a friendly dealing . I don`t know what`s happend with them!
Now they have a new pretense which says that my site is uploading malicious utilities constantly and they are going to suspend it if i don`t delete it, So i`ve asked to list the directory for this utilities and waiting for their respond, Maybe the`ll answer me after one to two days ! who knows !

Best Regards,
E3sarcom.

Well using the hosting account by IP is not safe, as it does not show whos account and does not show the transfer you used when using the ip. So the fact of them turning it off is understandable... for security, however if you have addon domains etc. they should have made one the main domain and let you use it that way.

Well using the hosting account by IP is not safe, as it does not show whos account and does not show the transfer you used when using the ip. So the fact of them turning it off is understandable... for security, however if you have addon domains etc. they should have made one the main domain and let you use it that way.
They also should have sent him a notice before terminating the account.

Thank you Josh D for your opinion, but i have some comments about it :

Just me using the ip and user name while i have two domains working on there server , 2 from 6 allowed , so where is the security isues in that ?
And i`ve requsted changing the main domain and look at there replay :

You can change the domain name for your hosting account .Following are some the points on which we need your confirmation for the domain name change for your hosting account

1.The domain name change for your web hosting will cost you $7.95 and you have to register your new domain with us (If not registered ) .

2. Please take backup of your current hosing account at your end and give us the confirmation about it.

3. We will delete your current account once you give us the confirmation of change in hosting account and create the new hosting account for new domain.

4.Please give us the confirmation on the above points so that we can change the web hosting account for you

I think it`s so easy to modify a domain name for any account on the server , isn`t it ?
And i have the domain pointed for there server :
1up1.info

So , how could i download more than 10 Gig then i have to apload it again , and what about the databases and many many things will lost ..

For that reasion i prefer to keep hosting on the ip to let the two domains working fine on there server ..
What is the wrong in that ?

Best Regards,
Jamal.

You dont need to delete the account to change the name. Accounts work on DNS so as long as that Domain name is pointing towards your providers server via DNS it should find the domain.

Yes Galaxy a note should been sent, when I commented on the ip i mean using the ip to login or view the site would be a reason to terminate, if you are still using domains then they should have change the main domain on the account and you would have been fine, no downtime needed.

They also should have sent him a notice before terminating the account.

Yes , That`s right Patrick, I didn`t get any email from there side telling me that they are going to deactivate my domains !
And in the ticket they gave me a reasion first time that the main domain must be pointed ay there name server , Then they told me that my site is uploading malicious utilities constantly and they are going to suspend it if i don`t delete it ..

Very funny , I don`t know the new reasion what will be!

Best Regards,
E3sarcom.

You dont need to delete the account to change the name. Accounts work on DNS so as long as that Domain name is pointing towards your providers server via DNS it should find the domain.

Yes tumble , but they`ve requested the 4 steps to change the domain name, and for that i still working on the ip and user name for the ftp account and Vdeck, to manage the two domain wich addon on the main accpunt , so there is no danger in this and not effect security as LSComputers said !

Thank you .

Best Regards,
E3sarcom.

Yes tumble , but they`ve requested the 4 steps to change the domain name, and for that i still working on the ip and user name for the ftp account and Vdeck, to manage the two domain wich addon on the main accpunt , so there is no danger in this and not effect security as LSComputers said !

Thank you .

Best Regards,
E3sarcom.

sounds to me like the provider is looking to "Sell" more services to you. and or sort of in a sense "Blackmailing" you to buy this services.

Also i myself do not allow sites to be viewed via IP and username. Since that concept does not allow correct tracking of a sites bandwidth usage.

Yes Galaxy a note should been sent, when I commented on the ip i mean using the ip to login or view the site would be a reason to terminate
As i said be4 i`m using the ip just to remain at my other domains working, and noone using the ip and user name , just me and my partner ,so there is no risk .

if you are still using domains then they should have change the main domain on the account and you would have been fine, no downtime needed.

They requested to change the domain impossible 4 steps to me , specially no2, How could i download more than 10 Gig on my own PC then they`ll creat the new account with the new domain , after that i have to re-upload my site again , That`s very impossible.

Best Regards,
E3sarcom.

sounds to me like the provider is looking to "Sell" more services to you. and or sort of in a sense "Blackmailing" you to buy this services.

Also i myself do not allow sites to be viewed via IP and username. Since that concept does not allow correct tracking of a sites bandwidth usage.

Okay tumble,
If you know that the bandwidth they offered is 3000 Gig , do you allow sites to be viewed via ip and user name ?

My servers bandwidth is 2000 Gig and they are offering 3000 Giga , so plz tell me which site will use all this huge bandwidth ?

So there is no persuasive reasion to prevent using ip and user name in this case , Isn`t it ?

Best Regards,
Jamal.

Jamel,

I am little bit confused here. Are yo on a "Shared" platform or another system?

This message is to e3sarcom
Why do you continually harass my email with junk spam after I unsubscribed? This is ridiculous. You ought to be ashamed of yourself with your crappy services...You are a CROOK. I can find you wherever you go, jerk.

Back