• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Just set up new site, please comment

Right now your site is pretty good, but you should probably learn HTML. If you want to have a professional website, that's a must. You can still use Frontpage, but you should probably make an effort to at least learn what the tags of HTML on your page mean. WYSIWYG editors can really hold you back. The only way to tweak your page to what you want it to be is to learn HTML.

-I'm not at all farmilar with frontpage, but since both of your sites have the identical layout, I'm guessing you just used a template. It's best to have your own unique design.

-Another thing is that your pages have way too much text. Keep it simple. People aren't going to read paragraph after paragraph.

For example, shortern this:

Join our mailing list now to receive cutting-edge marketing tips & secrets, helpful resources and tools to start your Internet Business Success. It' is FREE. Just enter your email address below, then click the 'Join List' button:

to simply "Join our mailing list". If you still want to have all the other stuff, then post a link to another page that says that.

-You don't really need to have a description for the "Contact Me" link. People will know what it means.

-Get rid of the "click here" links.

-Your site would probably look a lot better if you got rid of this:

"Welcome to The Freebie (http://www.thefreebie.bizland.com). I will bring you fresh listings and reviews of the best freebies, helpful webmaster resources and money-making opportunities available on the Net. You are welcome to Subscribe to our twice-monthly newsletter; The Freebie Newsletter which is packed with Internet Marketing Tips and articles; latest & best freebies; helpful webmaster esources and money making opportunities on the Net. Subscribe now to receive your welcome gift value at $100 FREE now. And please don't forget to Bookmark this site NOW and return often to ensure you get the most from this site. This site i currently updated bi-weekly, however, I will try to update it by weekly or even daily in the future. If you find some freebies on the Net which is not listed in this site or you have any suggestion for further improvement of this site please email me. If you like this site, please recommend it to a friend."

If you just moved the directory up to where above paragraph is, it would like a lot more professional.

-You should probably make a logo for both of your sites, and put it at the top. It looks kind of akward without it. It would serve as a good point of reference/focus. As it is right now, it's kind of hard on the eyes to focus on your page.

-You do a good job at http://www.thefreebie.bizland.com./ of keeping the directory listing descriptions short. If you did that on the rest of your page, I think it would really pay off.

It looks ok. A logo would indeed be a good thing. As rodie says, get rid of the 'click here' links at the bottom of your topic description. Or replace them with 'read more' which looks more professional.

A minor suggestion for your copy: Stay consistent with your I's and We's. Do you want to project yourself as an individual, or as a commercial entity offering an online service? Stick with one of those.

Just another question

Hi, thanks for the comment and review. I will try to improve it based on your recommendation. But I just have a few question and I hope you can help
1) I read some marketing article always mention to clearly state what you want your visitor to do next, that's why I put all the Click Here in my web page. Any feedback?
2) Is there any software or freeware I can get to create my own banner and logo?
3) Is it really important to have my own banner/logo in my website?
4) I have heard all about CGI but I not sure what is it. Where can I find more info about this?

Please stop

Originally posted by DH77
Your site is okay. It is fine as it is.

Take this moron's opinion with a grain of salt. IMHO, he is just posting a multitude of messages in a feeble attempt to get referrals to his terrashare account. According to his profile, he signed up 11-23-00 (today!), and he's already posted 8 messages. One of which was nothing but an unsolicited advertisement posted to the General Discussion Forum.

Most (if not all) of his other posts are just like this one. He writes a few words, and then hits the submit button. A few examples that come to minds are "what's ssi?" and "it's too big" (about somebody asking to have their website reviewed?!?)

And all of them have that stupid signature linking to a terrashare referral.

And a personal note to DH77 - I'd knock this crap off now. What you are doing is against Terra Share's TOS (http://www.terrashare.com/sub/tos01.html). You cannot "Upload, post or transmit unsolicited advertising, commonly known as "spam" or "junk mail". You've already posted a flat-out spam in one forum, and what you're doing in your other messages borders along spam as well.

If anybody wants to report this sucker, you can just e-mail help@terrashare.com. Hopefully the moderators will ban this guy after they get back.

Re: Just another question

Originally posted by TC Tan
Hi, thanks for the comment and review. I will try to improve it based on your recommendation. But I just have a few question and I hope you can help
1) I read some marketing article always mention to clearly state what you want your visitor to do next, that's why I put all the Click Here in my web page. Any feedback?
2) Is there any software or freeware I can get to create my own banner and logo?
3) Is it really important to have my own banner/logo in my website?
4) I have heard all about CGI but I not sure what is it. Where can I find more info about this?

I agree with rodie the whole way. At my school, everyone wants to work with Netscape Composer and I with Notepad :) Do yourself a favor and learn the actual coding if you don't already.

To somewhat answer your questions:

1) That magazine must be referring to the people who dont their @$$ from a hole in the ground. Just add a link like "homepage" instead of "Click here to go to my homepage".

2} Although I could be wrong, but I do think there is no such thing as a free software that would create your award-winning logo. You could always just download the demo of Paint Shop Pro for 30 days and create your logo from there. As a last resort, you could always try http://www.webgfx.net

3) Yes, it is. EVERY good webpage has a logo or ATLEAST an image with there website name on it.

4} CGI is the fun part of creating and managing a site. For a little tutorial, go to http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/programming/perl_cgi/ or a listing of scripts at http://www.hotscripts.com

Hope this helps ya

Back