• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

KatrinaHelp Team SOS call to FWS & Hosts!

Hi There,

This is Angelo Embuldeniya & Rudi Cilibrasi from the KatrinaHelp (www.katrinahelp.info) team. We have an SOS call to all available web hosting providers to donate & assist us with Katrina relief efforts!

We need a mirror of our wiki asap! we have got over 80,000 visits in the past 72 hours and our server (Amsterdam) is crawling under the load. The tech specs of the server we need is as follows:

- superuser (root) access on real server
- 40gb-100gb bandwidth per month allocation
- have remote restart capability if necessary for crashes

Box should be linux, >= 1GB ram, >=256GB hard drive

If anyone can pass this message out or help us in anyway possible please send an email with the subject titled as SOS-KH-BU to katrinahelp.info@gmail.com

Any help you could provide is most appreciated!

Last edited:
Hi

I am interested in providing you with a dedicated server, also in amsterdam, altrough I was wondering why you need 256 GB of hard disk space?

Sincerely yours
Danny

NevaCious said:
Hi

I am interested in providing you with a dedicated server, also in amsterdam, altrough I was wondering why you need 256 GB of hard disk space?

Sincerely yours
Danny

Thanks for your help,

We need 256gb hard drive space. Just 1gb - 4gb ram is all that is needed. We are running on 1gb now.

Root access to dedicated will be required.

Any help you can provide is really helpful!

Thankyou,
Rudi Cilibrasi & Angelo Embuldeniya

What are you hosting to need 256GBs of space? If Im not wrong it is to receive donations and all that kind of stuff.... But why that much space?

I am willing to help any way I personally can. I cannot donate a box but i can do a 50percent off kinda thing which at that part youll only be paying for the hardware. so contact me.

Sounds like a scam to me, the site won't even load for me..so how he is getting visits is beyond me.

People try to rip off people's generousity in these type of situations..this is why not many in the world are inclined to help nowadays.

If you want to help with Katrina, donate money to the red cross they are a recognized organization that helps with these situations. Giving money or servers to some schmoe who probably is looking for it for his own uses isn't going to help the victims of a disaster at all.

Regards,

You are right Death Reaper. I donated to a bigger society. :biggrin2: I will never trust anyone without a permit or a certificate...

If you really do need help, i am willing to go out of my way and give you a dual xeon 2.8ghz 1 gb ram 1500gb bandwith 200gb harddrive for 120-125 a month usd. thats basically just paying for the hardware let alone the free bandwith and extra harddrive space thats really the best i can do. We won't even be earning anything off that. The server is located in los angeles so contact me via msn or something to get it setup immidiately.
We have made a contribution to red cross myself on WHT, made a 35dollar contribution its what i had left. I hope everything works out okay for them in New Orleans. :tired2:

Last edited:
If any host gives you root access than I feel sorry for them. If anyone really wants to help then donate money to the american red cross or salvation army or one of the other organizations that are well known. No offense.

Regards,

There is NO reason whatsoever for you to need root access, nor that much space. For a site like that, 2GB should be 1.5GB+ MORE than you need. The bandwidth, yes, understandable, but the space is just ridiculous.

You don't need root, a simple information website has no need for it.

Regards,

Back