• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

l33t.ca working fine... accepting new signups.

Going back a bit, this webhost's design represents it's services poorly.

When I look at a web host, it should not represent itself any less than if I had walked into an actual building and wanted to sign up. I do not want to talk to a CEO called "Mr. Oreo", I do not want to sit there and listen to long-winded speeches by the owner, I do not want to see jokes about alcohol posted on the front door, etc...

Clean and professional is the way to go. If you can't be bothered to pay (or at least learn) for a top design and impression of your service, then I can't be sure that you'd be bothered to provide top quality service.

Originally posted by syd

When I look at a web host, it should not represent itself any less than if I had walked into an actual building and wanted to sign up. I do not want to talk to a CEO called "Mr. Oreo", I do not want to sit there and listen to long-winded speeches by the owner, I do not want to see jokes about alcohol posted on the front door, etc...

Clean and professional is the way to go. If you can't be bothered to pay (or at least learn) for a top design and impression of your service, then I can't be sure that you'd be bothered to provide top quality service.

So does this host have a HQ or is it inside the average person's house?

Originally posted by Hayama-kun

Depends on where you're downloading from and how your OS is designed to send and recieve packets. If you mean 576kbps, then 60 KB/sec is pretty darn good.

So the later your os is the faster the internet? For example, win98 would be slower than winxp.

(Just adding my little bit to the post to keep you lot talking. When will important be upgrading the hosts hard drive then?)

Originally posted by syd

Well, it's run by two college students. What did you expect? ;)

important... follow your posts from the very beginning.
BTW, we weren't trying to pick a fight with you, we were trying to tell you the facts. Be reasonable, don't get so defensive.

Originally posted by cheatpark

So the later your os is the faster the internet? For example, win98 would be slower than winxp.

(Just adding my little bit to the post to keep you lot talking. When will important be upgrading the hosts hard drive then?)

* fresh installation
+ old installation

Speed in conjunction with factors [most likely]:
+*NIX
**NIX
*WinNT/2000
*Win95
+WinNT/2000
*Win98
*WinXP
+WinXP
+Win95
*WinME
+Win98

Good Lord...8 pages at this point....glad I skipped to the last post...No offense, but anything with the suffix .ca sends up the red flag for me. The 2 college students thing didn't go over very well, either. ROTFLMAO

hey ??
what happen with l33t.ca today !!
I can't connect !!
It down ?? or was discontinue !! Oh no don't say that !! i think it may be come a best free webhosting!!
may be it slow but in the begin f2s slower than !!
:D :D :D :D
sorry if i said any wrong !!???

Originally posted by syd

Hey, if you really don't like our style its no problem. There are other services out there. Oh and its not that we "can't be bothered" to make a decent web page, that page is to our liking. And there is no CEO of L33T.ca hehe but Oreo would be flattered you thought he was im sure. Also there is nothng wrong with jokes about alcohol. As for the long-winded speeches im fairly certain its an impossibility since you dont have to read anything you dont want to on the net.

Originally posted by important
Keep it up BuckRoger... :)

Ugh! :rolleyes:

Look, the majority of us infact all of us except important here do not trust your site, Buck. We do not trust your site because it is unprofessional and does not represent the host as someone has already said. You run your host off a cable connection, which is bound to slow down tremendously.

Thanks important.

giantcarlos I don't really care if you think we are unprofessional. . we are trying our best to provide you with a service and all I ever see is complaints. Frankly thats too bad, at L33T.ca we are very concerned about our sites and always help anyone out if they email us or post in our forums. It is unfortunate you don't like us but thats fine. Don't come down hard on me. There are other web-hosting sites.

It is Giancarlo.

I am sorry but I am extremely critical because I usually advise people who to go with and who not to go with. I have to look at all the details closely.

Understandable. I am aware of L33T.ca's status though. You needn't remind me of it. Thanks for your frankness nonetheless.

Back