• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

l33t.ca working fine... accepting new signups.

Originally posted by Hayama-kun

Do you always act so sure of yourself?

Code:
# df -h
Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/hda5              28G   13G   13G  49% /
/dev/hda1              23M  5.3M   16M  25% /boot
/dev/hdb1              37G   13G   22G  37% /ftp
#

Try it out for yourself and say I'm lying.

Even if they did have 2 hard drives that would not be good. What if one went down. They would lose half of the sites.

Originally posted by cheatpark

Even if they did have 2 hard drives that would not be good. What if one went down. They would lose half of the sites.

It's partitioned, you fool. It's only one drive.

Originally posted by Hayama-kun

Do you always act so sure of yourself?

Code:
# df -h
Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/hda5              28G   13G   13G  49% /
/dev/hda1              23M  5.3M   16M  25% /boot
/dev/hdb1              37G   13G   22G  37% /ftp
#

Try it out for yourself and say I'm lying.

Yes, i act sure of myself :D
This was according to what the DANIELS said.

Originally posted by important
I didn't said they have upgraded to ADSL now.
But someone did say it's impossible for an ADSL to have a 3mbit connection..... it can only go up to 1.5mbit, tops.

Look, if you have an account on l33t.ca, just download puTTY (search on google), then ssh to l33t.ca using your username and password and do a df -h. We'll see who's telling the truth.

It doesn't matter any, the users have used up half of the space anyway. With a crappy 400 MB transfer limit, you can't transfer jack up anyway.

when things are stable and ready l33t.ca will upgrade to ADSL. First of all they need more ram. They are currently having a 512MB SDRAM. Many other things like scripts etc.

If it is ADSL:

Residential ADSL max - 1.5 mbit
Speed (kBps) 1.5 mbit*128 ->192 KB/sec -> lag periods/downtime/actual speed factors -> 150 KB/sec
Avg. Total transfer monthly - 30 days * 24 hours * 3600 seconds * 150 KB/sec / 1024 -> 380 GB.

Now I don't know about you, but I doubt an ISP will allow a host to exist on residential ADSL and use up 380 GB monthly. :rolleyes:

You would think though that a host would be using a T1/T3? Some hosts use a few T3's. This all sounds so crazy. This host won't last long if they don't spend more on their hardware.

Once again you act like you know everything when you really know absolutely nothing.

They're waiting for IStop to get back up, IStop is have it's own problems, and colocation there is very cheap. By the way, ADSL and the current connection they have now? No difference.

BTW, 400 mb transfer is nothing, and if they were paying for it, it's approximately $0.46 USD.

400 MB bandwidth...well then, you'd be paying around 20000$ a month for that kind of connection. Idiot. :D

Last edited:
Back