• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

large site

haha1091

ok i really have no clue basically about any of this stuff.

all i know is i want a resonably large amount of space.

i need a space so i can setup my Vbulletin forum.

i guess this would be the right place.

forum with a lot of links, lots of pictures.

can anyone help.

and i need a free one cus i aint got no money to pay for one.

is the vB forum legal?

edit : he's using an illegal vB board.....thread should be closed

Last edited:
That's what I was going to ask. Surely someone that has enough money to pay for vBulletin would be able to spare a few dollars for hosting each month...

okay let me guess if he has enough money 2 buy a Vbulletin board license then why can't he save up 1-3 dollars a month for hosting ? weird

Surfz said:
okay let me guess if he has enough money 2 buy a Vbulletin board license then why can't he save up 1-3 dollars a month for hosting ? weird
And that would be precisely why most FREE hosts do not allow vBulletin ...

i didnt even know it was illegal

the guy i got it from never told me it was illegal.

u can tell im a noob at this im tryin to learn as i go

maybe thats not the best thing to do.

If your trying to host a forum, maybe you should consider using free boards such as smf, phpbb or mybb, and they come with lots of themes with it too.

the guy i got it from never told me it was illegal.
Who did you get it from? Forum scripts such a vBulletin and Invision Board are not free (though the latter used to be).
u can tell im a noob at this im tryin to learn as i go
I would suggest getting paid hosting. That way you can get help from the host when you need it. :)

thx

thx for the advice.

i might just get a paid one.

as soon as i get a better job.

this guy i know said he pays $180 a month for his.

i was like O_O.

i stick with a cheap one.

guy i know said he pays $180 a month for his.
As ~GURU~ says, your friend probably has a dedicated server. There is no need to pay anywhere near this amount for a basic hosting package. A $5 per month account would probably cover all your space and bandwidth needs. Just remember to avoid super cheap hosts because they normally have the same issues as free hosts (ie. you don't have to show ads, but uptime and support is still terrible).

Back