• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

LCD monitor-emergency purchase

bryonhost1

Hi!
Well..it seems I no longer have the option of waiting for screen upgrades..as my good ole 18" just passed away.

Ok..any suggestions? No names are a no go..as is anything with less than a 1 year warranty. I just took a look at tigerdirect..and they have some familar names that are just that...names. Sylvania used to be a decent TV manufacturer..but what about lcd's? Seems decent enough. I wish I could wait and get a hp or viewsonic..but I can't.

I've been to tigerdirect and newegg so far. Ideas?

>>Ok..just went to walmart.com..what about an acer? That would be a local pickup..which would be fast.

Thanks

Bryon

Last edited:
never rush a purchase

pickup a 1/2 decnet 19inch CTR for $10 on ebay and save for that monitor you wanted.

Hi!
Ebay? Gawd..I don't think so. I think I have found the answer.

Quill has a decent Acer 17". I have a $30 off coupon..so that brings it down quite a bit. Free shipping too, btw. I just cannot see spending dime one on a crt that I'm going to be staring at for very long periods..it just makes no sense..

Alright Acer..don't let me down!

Bryon

Acer is nice :D

I have a 20" ACER AL2016W bought it off ebay new over a year ago and it is still working great with no dead pixles or any of that

Spending $10 on a ----ty CRT to use for a month or 2 untill you have enough cash for a GOOD LCD is better than rushing out and spending $150 on a cheap LCD you wont be happy with.

To me, that make much more sense than just buying the first cheapest screen i see...

Bryon, I use two Acer 15" LCD monitors here at my house, one for the server, and one for my PC.

They are fine quality as far as monitors go, but I'd never buy their machines. One of these is brand new, the other ones a year old I believe. Still kicking.

Hope this helps. :)

I have no problems with Sylvania, we have a monitor here we've used for probably 3 years -- 19", no dead pixels, working fine. :) So I'd say they make pretty good LCD's.

I have a Gateway 24" and LG 19" and their both fantastic, Go with LG if you can, however both have great warranties and look awesome, not to mention easy to use, yadda yadda.

I guess i just assumed that because he "no longer has the option of waiting to get a new LCD" that he was now rushing to pickup the first cheapass one he could afford.

I have a sceptre 19 wide screen hd ready with DVI and VGA. Looks and works great. Cost $180 from Newegg with free 3 day shipping.

Check Newegg for monitors alot of time they have free or reduced cost 3 day shipping.

I just bought an LCD about... an hour ago. I was gonna go with an Acer, but I remembered someone saying that they develop problems.
Search google for Acer no signal

I got an HP 19" Widescreen. It's sexy, but it hops around when I type... cuz my desk isn't 100% wobbleproof

I use Envision, I've got a 19" LCD. Got it fairly cheap and its been good with all pixels living for over 2 years now.

I could recommend going with Hanns.G, very good monitors, I've got a 17inch widescreen from them, its quality is spectacular. I also have a Goodmans 15inch widescreen HD Ready LCD TV for my back-up, which I use for TV

Back