• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

learning how to manage and secure apache

nesrelshark

hi
can any one give me the titles of some books that can learn me how to manage and secure apache webserver in proffesional way?
i want to learn how to manage it from scratch setting up the control panel managing it and updating every thing and securing and detect and close bugs
thanks at all

it's good but it is not well ordered
please i want ordered articles
what i want clearly is
when i take a server with just operating system on it
what all i have to do ? and how?
this what i want
thanks at all

that is probably the best resource on the entire internet for the tools you need to secure and properly harden a server. There is really no step by step guide as all systems are indeed different in both needs and configuration.

take the knowledge you find there and implement it accordingly, if securing a system was as easy as following a step by step standard checklist there would be no need for management companies

ok
thanks at all i got what you want to say now
now i want another advice
i will begin hosting company and want to know what the features of a good server as begining for me ? and what is the best datacenter i can go with them
i want the best network and the best support
thanks at all

softlayer is a good place for dedicated servers. We have been using them for awhile now and their network is excellent and the support staff is very good.

for starting out you are going to want to hire a server admin to secure and harden your server instead of trying it out yourself especially if you have had no formal or previous experience.

Generally experimenting in a live environment is a bad idea, get a secondary vps to test things on

you mean that you suppose for me that i take a vps to try and learn on it?
and i want the minumum features for dedicated server tat i can depend on as begining of my company
thanks very much for help

believe he mainly just means, however you do your hosting you are going to want 2 different servers... Whether both are VPS' or one dedicated and a VPS or even a Linux box at home/office so that any changes you decide to make.. You can test all of the changes and the configuration on your test box prior to trying to make the change to a production server with customers hanging from it.

yep that is exactly what I mean. We have a vps or 2 hanging around for testing environments and use a computer at home as well just to make sure we do not interfere in a live environment.

I like the idea of starting with a dedicated server if you can afford it. Having a reseller account is nice but it is a more rewarding experience to have your own server and manage all aspects of it.

Just make sure you are prepared to deal with system administraton problems in a timely manner. customers are not to kind if you mess something up and then have to wait until you post your problem on a public forum and have other people solve it a day or 3 later. Make sure to hire a system administration company to back you up

Back