• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Let it snow!

Originally posted by byrdgirl13
EDIT: but nick's post about flurries is just wrong. :p
When I lived in the suburbs instead of Atlanta they would close schools if there was barely a snow flurry. I haven't lived in Atlanta long enough to know about here.

Well there's just one thing wrong with that... he lives in Virgina; you don't. Those people down south get kinda crazy when they see white stuff falling from teh sky. ;)

No frick, sherlock. :rolleyes2 My school would have to, too, if it were bad. But we're a private school and have people from up to 30-35 miles away coming. ...I lost control of my car three times on the way home monday because of the ice. problem is, all the admin who decide on delays and cancellations live within 2 minutes of the school. the majority live across the street. they wait till everything else is closed to close our school; but it's worse for us who go there than for the public schools.

there. rant over. yes people have school cancelled for ice. a thin layer of ice is worse than snow, you know.

I think you missed my entire point on my little outburst. I live in Canada, I know about snow and ice and all the danger and stuff. But I wasn't kidding when I said school here doesn't get cancelled until the snow plows can't run. A layer of ice has never been a reason to close school here. I live in an icy death pit right now where you could easily crash pulling out of your driveway.

2 cm of snow? outrageous. How can one expect to drive their Benz into town to buy a double mocha cappucino and low fat muffin? :p

Well we are currently in our worst drought in 40 years, so here we get barely any rain, so over here all i ask is LET IT RAIN, LET IT ABSOLUTELY PISS DOWN RAINING, please.

Back