• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Lets rename this message board the political flame board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owen

:rolleyes:

How many constant pissing contests are we going to get into with politics?:mad: Everytime a political subject comes up, GC, Bigperm, and others flame each other over something they can do little to change from a message board.

Does it feel good to belittle each other and their beliefs? Does it make you feel like a big man(or woman in certain cases)? If so, I have determined your problem, too many hormones. One solution for you. Grow up. This is a message board for crying out loud.

I doubt many of you would have the nerve to say what you say to them now in person. You hide behind that comfort of a computer where you can say what you want without suffering any consquences. Anonymity is great, isn't it? :rolleyes:

This message board reminds me of many of the AOL message boards filled with 12 and 13 year olds. Constant cussing, flaming, and crying.

Now don't get me wrong. Debating is fine, but these childish arguments are a waste of time, and a laugh for some.

This message isn't directed towards all of the posters here. There are some who remain civil despite the immature behavior taking place on this message board. I commend you.

I am sorry for this vent, but I had to. I come to the message board for an occasional intelligent read and conversation, but this message board as far as intelligence is going down the dumps somewhat.

Now I am sure I can expect the flames directed towards me because I find your behavior repulsive and I say it, regardless that I didn't flame anyone, but just pointing out the foolishness.

Owen's right, there's absolutely no reason to debate here when for some of us lack insight and civil manners. It's merely tossing live grenades back and forth. It's not going to get anywhere.

I didn't direct anything towards you syd, if you think I did. I really don't understand how you would think I called you an ungrateful "sot"? Or did I miss something that happened in the threads, because I am sure I did, because I stopped reading the politcal threads midway into each, because it became obvious what it was turning into.

GC called me an ungrateful sot :cry2: I don't know why and he won't tell me :biggrin2: :cry2:

This board really isn't that bad as to what I'm used to: Hungarian picnics! It sounds weird, but every year all the old school Hungarians gather around a lake and have a giant picnic, and then men all sit around and bitch about stuff going on in the old country, and stuff that happened 50 years ago ("BAH! Kadar! Stalin! Khrushchev! Gorby! Nagy! Where are my teeth?!?!?")

It's what I'm used to!

Last edited:
I personally could care less if this message board is parisan or not. While there may be more liberals than conservatives here, that is a moot point. This is a message board and therefore it may be partisan. The only this that should remaind unpartisan is the reporting of facts(not the interpretation of them, but just the reporting), and that job is given mostly to media, which they somehow find a way to become a partisan about.

In other words, you are going to face people who don't beleive as you do. Grow up and debate civilly, or quit debating if you don't want to get upset.

Originally posted by syd
This board really isn't that bad as to what I'm used to: Hungarian picnics! It sounds weird, but every year all the old school Hungarians gather around a lake and have a giant picnic, and then men all sit around and bitch about stuff going on in the old country, and stuff that happened 50 years ago ("BAH! Kadar! Stalin! Khrushchev! Gorby! Nagy! Where are my teeth?!?!?")

Bah that is nothing new. :D Just to listen to my dad complain about the evil left side and how Clintonwas the devil would make you forget that :)

Everyplace has their groups of people who can't get over the past and complain about the present constantly. However, there are also many forums(not necessarily an internet forum) where the bantering is civilized, while in many other places it remains a penis size contest(apologize to syd, jan, and the other women of the board who I am sure do not partake in that contest :D)

Originally posted by Owen
I personally could care less if this message board is parisan or not. While there may be more liberals than conservatives here, that is a moot point. This is a message board and therefore it may be partisan. The only this that should remaind unpartisan is the reporting of facts(not the interpretation of them, but just the reporting), and that job is given mostly to media, which they somehow find a way to become a partisan about.

That is incoherent... get to the point.

In other words, you are going to face people who don't beleive as you do. Grow up and debate civilly, or quit debating if you don't want to get upset.

I was forced into an argument where I was being sworn at, and had my beliefs torn up to shreds by impudent snobs who characterize themselves as intellectuals. Therefore I struck with all I had, and I didn't quit.

Originally posted by Giancarlo

I was forced into an argument where I was being sworn at, and had my beliefs torn up to shreds by impudent snobs who characterize themselves as intellectuals. Therefore I struck with all I had, and I didn't quit.

"No fair. No fair. HE is called me an [expletive]!"

"You are a [expletive]!"

That is what you are doing. You say they are doing what you do right back, whether it is censored or not, the message is the same.

However, I don't have any wish to recheck those threads, but I beleive you were the one to be flame like first. MESSAGES IN ALL CAPS IS CONSIDERED SHOUTING. So when you do that, people take offense, unless of course you are doing it for a specific reason besides showing anger, which you I doubt you did.

Also, no one forced you into this flame war. Is someone holding a gun up to your head saying "debate or die?"

Also my first part of that message was to prove a point, that everything is partisan, and you shouldn't complain about it. Only thing that shouldn't be partisan is reporting of facts(not the interpretation of them), which these "debates" are not doing.

Last edited:

"No fair. No fair. HE is called me an [expletive]!"

"You are a [expletive]!"

That is what you are doing. However, I don't have any wish to recheck those threads, but I beleive you were the one to be flame like first. MESSAGES IN ALL CAPS IS CONSIDERED SHOUTING

MEssage is not finished. Hit enter early. Give me a couple minutes

Recheck the threads AND you will find I did not use any those examples you gave. I was insulted first, no questions asked. That is the way it is.

Exhibit A: http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=18091&pagenumber=1

You did the first shouting, and the first personal flame. Someone said they didn't like Reagan and called him the devil, but that wasn't a flame towards you.

Need I give anymore evidence.

The big question is will you delete the evidence like you did in an argument a long time ago(about what I don't specifically remember) where you deleted a thread which made you look bad. Well. You can edit your message now, but you can't delete threads anymore. Have fun covering it up.

Exhibit B: http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=18104&pagenumber=1

Syd said something that was just pointing out the fact that you hated liberals, wheras some people of the same party you support would hate you for your sexuality. You took offense at it and totally misread it assuming she called you a democrat, which lead you to flame.

It looks like you started the flaming. Others disagreed and pointed out something but they did not flame you first. You are responsible for starting the flame wars(others are responsible for feeding the fire such as bigperm)

Two completely contradictory claims. My beliefs were insulted, and that I will not, I repeat WILL NOT take.

Yeah, but you have the right to insult others beliefs first like you did in the 2nd thread, where you said you hated people who didn't support Bush.

"I hate the 15% of people who don´t like Bush"

Besides, so what your beliefs are insulted. Guess what? My beleifs are insulted by people like bigperm and others(not soley from here) who in the past who have bashed Christianity(bigperm had an avatar in the past which mocked Jesus or the cross, what exactly I can not remember for sure). I got over it because I have enough confidence that what I believe in is correct.

Last edited:
Religion is one of the few areas where I actually agree with some of the people here. I am a Republican Atheist... not completely rare, but not common.

Religion is one of the few areas where I actually agree with some of the people here. I am a Republican Atheist... not completely rare, but not common.

Good for you. You can beleive that I am evil for being religious. I don't really care, and that was not the point of my post.

Note: Before you misread what I said, I didn't mean it as you thought I was evil.

The point I was making there was the fact that people will insult what you beleive. It happens to everyone, but only the immature react to it with foolish remarks and insults(sorry for sounding arrogant here).

Last edited:

Good for you. You can beleive that I am evil for being religious. I don't really care, and that was not the point of my post.

The point I was making there was the fact that people will insult what you beleive. It happens to everyone, but only the immature react to it with foolish remarks and insults(sorry for sounding arrogant here).

Well I did make an attempt at a debate, but that seemed to have made that particular thread completely inactive:

http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=18091&pagenumber=3

I threw my evidence at people. That shut them up.

Well I did make an attempt at a debate, but that seemed to have made that particular thread completely inactive:

http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=18091&pagenumber=3

I threw my evidence at people. That shut them up.

Why do you keep changing the subject? Nowhere did I mention as presenting facts as being immature. This whole thread has been about the immaturity and flaming in the threads.

You tried to change the subject into your belief about religion and now that you brought up facts. Stay on the point. Don't stray around trying to weasel yourself out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back