• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Link effects

.Greek.Angel.

Im not really good at building websites yet, but i would like my links to have an effect like on this website here but i dont know how to do it, if someone could please help me i would be very glad.

Thank you.

Kay.

do you mean the navigation menu (with Latest/Info/Media etc)? that's done in javascript and if you want something like that you're best off doing a search for it in google but remember it's not going to work for everyone in every browser.

Or did you mean the "hover" effect for a link that when the mouse moves over it, it goes from normal to underlined and changes colour? That's done through CSS:

<style type="text/css" media="screen">
a:link, a:visited, a:active {
color: #00FF00;
text-decoration: none;
}
a:hover {
color: #FF0000;
text-decoration: underline;
}
</style>
That would make normal, previously visited and active (when they have focus) links show up in blue and when in hover (with the mouse cursor over it) it'll turn to red underlined.
& this would go before the </head> tag in your html file or can be in a seperate file. Try searching for some CSS tutorials if you're not familiar with it or try a program like TopStyle that will take care of it for you.

Back