• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Login proxy script?

sander k

NLC
I am looking for somekind of premium proxy script where users have to register/login before they can use the proxy. Do you know any?

You really don't need a script for that. You can just use .htaccess control.

You really don't need a script for that. You can just use .htaccess control.

That only works for one or two users at a time. A whole lot of users at once and the .htpasswd file becomes unmanagably large.

What Sander needs is something more along the lines of a MySQL-backend login system. It's not that hard to code one, but off hand I don't have anything suitable short of ripping the authentication code out of my own site and using that- I did a hashed password solution using session cookies for reauthentication between pages.

That only works for one or two users at a time. A whole lot of users at once and the .htpasswd file becomes unmanagably large.

I was forced to use that method on a couple sites, and they all have thousands of users. Never had any issues at all. Simple text files (.htpasswd) generally don't get that large. It's only a few bytes per line.

What Sander needs is something more along the lines of a MySQL-backend login system. It's not that hard to code one, but off hand I don't have anything suitable short of ripping the authentication code out of my own site and using that- I did a hashed password solution using session cookies for reauthentication between pages.

That is kind of what I need.
Its not for a personal proxy site or something, its just for a more secure invirement, to stop bots from messing around and things like that.
Also the proxy abuse should be less as I would be able to log email adresses and IP's without logging where they surf to ofcource.

If you're just looking for a registration/login system to restrict access to certain pages, I can help with that, assuming a PHP implementation works for you. I've done one or two in the past, so I'm sure I could come up with something in a few minutes after work tomorrow. Just let me know if you want the help / what exactly you want.

Back