• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

looking for a host to put my mpegs

ycamraph

Hello I need your help. I need a host that I can upload homemade mpegs to. I then link that to a message board. I need about 500MB of space and upload the mpegs via ftp with no file size limits. Of course I need unlimited bandwidth and very high data transfer. You see I don't need a "web page" just a place to store the mpegs for a few weeks until the post in the message board falls off and then those mpegs will be erased and make room for new mpegs for my next post.

The server I am using now can't really handle the rush of people that want the mpegs the first few days they are posted. It got so bad that we had to restrict the D/L, In an effort to increase throughput only 20 users may concurrently download files. The problem is SO many people are getting turned away that something needs to be done.

So I am asking if someone knows a site either free/pay that offers something close that I am looking for. Thanks for your time.

If you prefer to email me please do so at: ycamraph@email.com

PS: Here are some stats to give you an idea.

We were clicked on 25,292
We sent 1,308 files
There were 1,070 Unique IP's.
We averaged 1,070 attempts/clicks per hour
This was for 1 day.

Just so we can get a better idea...

You say you sent 1,308 files in one day. About what would the average size of the files be?

Phrozen

In my post to the message board there are 26 links to the files. The "files" are mpegs that range in size from 5MB up to 20MB.

Hello,

You will need to find a host that has alot of bandwidth. You may want to try tera-byte.com, but there are other services that provide similar features.

Robert

Back