• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Looking for Advice about managing an Open Source Project (Numerous Questions)

Lapras

My QuestionRanked in order of importance.
1. What does it take to manage an open source project when you have collaborators (ie. Communication, required time, responsibilities, anything that would be useful to know)?
2.What would be an effective way to get the project done (that is, get out a first working beta or stable release) with speed in mind? In my case my time has to be balanced between other responsibilities, but I could still spend a some time most days on it.
3.What is an effective way to get the project noticed?
Thank You for Hearing Me Out

1) It just depends on the size of the project and how well you all work together. If the developers/contributors are talented and believe in the project, it will run itself to a degree.

2) Get a website up and start a beta. Place as much info on the page about the project/post it on sourceforge then ask for help on devshed.com. But as always, most developers won't just hop in unless they see a working beta or truly believe in the project.

3) See #2

Back