• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Looking for free forum software?

I think the layout of Ikonboard is just too complicated and annoying...

Anybody ever wonder why nobody even TRIES to create a script that totally goes out of the general table or tree format? I mean, it's getting quite boring with all these free scripts looking almost exactly the same.

Originally posted by conkermaniac
I mean, it's getting quite boring with all these free scripts looking almost exactly the same.
The developers tend to copy a little bit from here and there. This has been a way of doing things now.

I would have used iKonBoard 3, but at the time I was installing my message borad script. Version 3 was still in the beta stage. I decided I would go with the stable version.

Originally posted by conkermaniac
I wonder if it's even possible to come up with such a layout, while still keeping it easy to use. Any ideas?

I really don't think so. All scripts have their pros and cons. Maybe you should design a perfect one for all of us. :D

CGI forums seems to be slower than PHP forums...
Therefore, use either Burning Board or OpenBB. :cool:

Originally posted by DeepList.com

I really don't think so. All scripts have their pros and cons. Maybe you should design a perfect one for all of us. :D

I don't expect a perfect one! :D All I need is a board with a new layout; one that isn't so standard. Do you think it's possible to design a totally new script that's just as easy to use without using the table/tree format?

Originally posted by DeepList.com

Calm down, conkermaniac, it will be okay. :D

lol, I'm j/k

LOL! I didn't get mad...If I'm mad, then, something similar to this will happen:

:mad: :angry2: :devious2: :mad: :angry2: :devious2: :mad: :angry2: :devious2:

Back