• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Looking server admin for linux

[A]nders

Hello,

Recently my friend gave me a pc ,and I decided to make from it a server to provide free hosting. The pc is on a 4mbps unmetered line so the connection is really fast. Anyway I decided to install Linux (Red Hat 9) and also all the software needed for running a server. Now I need a sys admin ,who can look after the servers security and maintain it. I got a few offers from my some people,and also have checked the price of managed server. It is from $20-$30/monthly. The main problem is that I have no spare money to invest at the start ,but can offer a 2GB Space/20GB BW reseller account with many features. When the site will bring profits, I will start to pay and also give the reseller.

If anyone is interested,please PM me with your AIM/MSN/Yahoo/ICQ , I will contact you asap.

Thanks.

actually, 4mbps isnt really the highest. Comcast ( my local cable provider) provides 6mbps cable connection at 40$. Verizon DSL recently doubled their speeds with some upgrades so thats 3mbps for DSL at 30$. Lets all welcome the future where the world is on one big network

Trance ADdix said:
actually, 4mbps isnt really the highest. Comcast ( my local cable provider) provides 6mbps cable connection at 40$. Verizon DSL recently doubled their speeds with some upgrades so thats 3mbps for DSL at 30$. Lets all welcome the future where the world is on one big network
That's downstream. Verizon caps the upstream at 768k. I don't know about Comcast, but I'm sure it's no higher.

Trance ADdix said:

Download != Upload. Upload is the more important factor when dealing with servers.

Back