• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Looking to set up forum site--need help

cococomics

Okay, so I want to try my hand at a forum site. I'm new to those, so I need some help - and a host. I need help on the following points (host specs to follow)

- Using my own logos: is there a type of forum I could use where I could use my own logos for free? Or is it that I have to pay a fee for all types?

-adding ads: The forum-type I choose must be able to have my own advertisements.

I need to know about those questions. By forum-type, I mean like phpBB, and those sorts.

As for the hosting, I wouldn't want just a normal forum-only host because I would like to be able to upload some pictures also. Of course it will be clean and everything. Probably about 80 MB or whatever you want to offer me. Plenty of bandwidth too, as I am hoping I can make the forum grow. If anyone can kind of give me a primer on how to build a good forum site, I would appreciate it a whole lot. And if anyone wants to offer this hosting, I would appreciate it a whole lot!

Thanks!

If you can get ahold of an older invision version you can do what you are wanting. Give me your email address and I will mail you the older version of invision which is free. But I cant provide you the hosting.

We can host your site, we'll offer up 100mb of space and bandwidth we'll monitor to insure you never really go over but I'll quote 3gb of bandwidth for now... Because of the diskspace I'm going to ask that you stick the PrimitiveHosting.com banner on your site... (somewhere, anywhere)

Let me know what you think about this... if you want to go ahead on it... post the request in Our Forum and we'll set it up.

-James

Hello cococomics

Id be willing to offer you a sponsored package whereby you place some small adverts in your forum/website and ill give you hosting (and the support you need :D).

Im very knoweledgable with all forums such as IPB, Vbulletin and Phpbb so no matter what forum you run ill be able to help you out.

www.intense-host.net normally requires posting for our plans but if you are willing to display some small adverts I will bypass this for you happily :)

Go to our website if you want to know more.

Thanks
X3r0X

Thanks a lot x3r0x! I will have a look! Also I was wondering, how much does it cost to have a license for phpBB? Is it true this license lets you put your own logo and designs and ads?

Hi.. Cococomics,

phpBB forum is free GNU licenced forum. You can do anything with it. You can modify everything, expect their copyright message at the bottom.

There are two ways to change the Logo.

1) Change your logo name to logo_phpBB.gif and upload to the folder forums/templates/subSilver/images/

2) Go to the template file that show this logo, then modify with your logo name.

If u need any help, just PM me

Alright! Thanks for the help everyone! I really appreciate it! Hottweelz I saw the email you sent! Thanks very much. I just need to wait for the registrar to recieve payment and let me know my domain is active, then I will hop right on that!

Back