• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Lots of requirements!!!!

khrapy

Ummm, i want to find a host that can host my download site of all kinds of freeware and shareware programs. I need these:

Ftp (resumable)
At least 50-100MB
Does not have file extension limits
Allows CGI
fast download speed (80 +kb/sec)
does not delete the programs I upload there
Preferably no ads or popoups
Can be adult host or normal host
Free
unlimited bandwidth or atleast 1+gig/month

Thanx for helpin man. I got lots of good hosts, i'll pm it to u sometime

nah, there is no such a free host unless you pay.

let me tell you why:

1. ftp is possible
2. At least 50-100MB is possible
3. does not have file extension limits, you can barely get that feature.
4. cgi is possible
5. fast download speed, 80KB/s, if the person is using 700kb DSL, that's impossible to get.
6. does not delete program when you upload there, - no garantee, they can delete as they want.
7. adult host or normal host, is possble
8. unlimited bandwidth or atleast 1+gig/month
this may be unmetered bandwidth, ...
9. FREE

as you can see, there are many things possible, but when they get together and with feature 9,

IT'S TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE THAT YOU MUST BE DREAMING!

As soon as you gain more posts here, you will never ask this kind of question in the board again.:D ;)

Originally posted by khrapy
Ummm, i want to find a host that can host my download site of all kinds of freeware and shareware programs. I need these:

Ftp (resumable)
At least 50-100MB
Does not have file extension limits
Allows CGI
fast download speed (80 +kb/sec)
does not delete the programs I upload there
Preferably no ads or popoups
Can be adult host or normal host
Free
unlimited bandwidth or atleast 1+gig/month

Thanx for helpin man. I got lots of good hosts, i'll pm it to u sometime

If you wanna start a download site, you should have some $$$ to buy a server to host your files.:)

why host shareware? a lot of sites host shareware already.... and also al the developers host their own software on their own webspace so all you have to do is link to their sites...

Originally posted by saikosys
why host shareware? a lot of sites host shareware already.... and also al the developers host their own software on their own webspace so all you have to do is link to their sites...

Yup, download.com does that too.:)

Back