• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Low-cost VPS Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

doURL

Hello,

I am currently looking for a VPS package to host the website and audio stream for an internet radio station. We are planning to use Icecast for streaming and are looking for a minimum of 200 concurrent users at 128kbps (if you are a shoutcast package provider please feel to post your offers of non-VPS systems also!).

The current system we have found capable of handling our requirements is set to cost $9 per month, so any offers will need to be below that point.

Please only post if you are certain your network can handle the large amount of bandwidth that 200 concurrent users incurs.

I look forward to any offers.
Thomas Cameron

I doubt you will get a VPS for $9/m that will have enough bandwidth to support your application.

Hey,

200 x 128kbps is a LOT of networking.

10x 128kbps is 1.28mbps as it is, you're looking at a MUCH higher cost.

To the two above replies; I know that it is a large request, however we have already tested the VPS that we have found at different times of the day over the period of a month and found that it can handle this level of transfer.

The radio would not be 24/7, meaning a lower overall transfer.

Package: VPS128
Monthly Price: $19 per month.
Guaranteed RAM: 128 MB
Burstable RAM: 512 MB
RAID-10 Disk Space: 15 GB
Monthly Data Transfer: 250 GB
Dual Quad Core CPU Quota: Equal Share
IP Addresses: 2

All Virtual Private Servers Include:

* cPanel/WHM License
* TigerGuard Management (Fully Managed) & Pro-Active Monitoring
* 24x7 Premium Support
* 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
* FREE DDOS Protection
* FREE Migration Assistance
* FREE Backups/Restores
* 30-Day Money Back Guarantee

Learn more: http://www.tigerservers.com/vps/

If you have a website with that many active users, you could easily stick a little google ad in the footer and make plenty to get a bigger better VPS. Remember, in the world of hosting, especially with VPS/Dedicated, you get what you pay for ;)

If you have a website with that many active users, you could easily stick a little google ad in the footer and make plenty to get a bigger better VPS. Remember, in the world of hosting, especially with VPS/Dedicated, you get what you pay for ;)

Exactly, which is why you wont see even half of the people that are posting offers here within a few months.

He is totally right about the google ads, very good recommendation.

Some of the top providers you should choose from on this forum would be SteadCom and GeekLayer (Hastings). Both are very reputable, established companies... You don't see them offering servers at $5 or $7. They won't be gone in two months, like many recently have :)

Just so you all know we are going with our original provider (for the benefit of some customers on this forum they are a 5+ years established VPS provider, so I have no worries about reliability even at this price).

Regards,
Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back