• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Macs

I think the Mac enviorment is awesome! I just bought a new MacBook yesterday and I think it is great. One of the features that I like most is that Apache is built in, it is simply a great feature. Another awesome thing is that the iSight is built in so I can record my *pretty* self whenever I want without any extra hardware....lmfao! :) The only downsides are that price and that you have to buy a new installation of windows to run boot camp. In other words, you cannot use a restore CD from an old pc.

mac's are for geeks. lol just jokin. mac's are only good for grahpic design and multimedia but at the same time the price you pay for one you could always build a pc to the same spec for the same price (probably)

also if you ever need a spare part for a mac it's to over priced.

scottm said:
mac's are for geeks.
Actually, it's really the opposite. Macs are great for computer-illiterate people because the interface is much easier to pick up and there's a lot less need to worry about viruses, spyware and such. Windows has a much steeper learning curve for someone just starting out.

The first computer I ever used was a Mac (LC 520 or thereabouts) and I've loved them ever since.

preffer macs...stuck in windows bc macs are to expensive. Saving up for a MacBook though...getting awfully close to getting enough money. But I have to have some money left over after I purchase...I am just weird like that. Even though I wont spend that account for like another 10 years...I would rather keep 200 in there.

canardpress said:
What does everyone here think of Macs and OS X?

Personally, I prefer it over the PC enviorment.

Wow, great discussion there, haven't seen this kind of thread ever. *Cough Cough*

utcrazy said:
Wow, great discussion there, haven't seen this kind of thread ever. *Cough Cough*

hehe.... sounds like somthing you'd say :p

Anyway, i first used a mac in primary schhol, year 1. im in year 10 now.

I hated them ever since :)

I accualy think a mac was the first pc i ever used.... it was an Apple I-Mac or somthing..... i dont know....

Ill stick with Windows :)

Well they've certainly come a long long way since you last used a Mac then. Give them a chance. :p

Nice to see you haven't changed utcrazy.........

The first computer I used was an old Apple II. I was in first grade I think. It was so fun, I'd sit for hours playing some rabbit game. That said, I haven't used one since, but I stopped in one of the local Apple stores and looked through a MacBook's interface, it looks nifty. I like the fact that it's BSD, or might as well be.

MacOS X opened the door for the Mac to actually step into the programmer / high end user arena.

Macs are no longer just for multimedia and graphics as mentioned earlier... I have ran Linux since before Windows 98 was ever released and I bought an OS X iBook last year. I can't complain one bit and it runs all of my linux software plus all of the great Mac software.

You can't go wrong and if anyone thinks you can....I am going to put the statement that goes into every thread like this.

Do some research because your just being closed minded. Apple has come such a long way from just the graphics editor. It is now server capable at an enterprise level and should be well respected for its functional every day desktop ability.

And the learning curve.... Windows has a learning curve? Come on.

OS X is more complicated than XP any day =) And both are only as complicated as you
make them. If your an email/web surfer and thats all you do....Neither is difficult and
absolutely the same, pretty much.

Last edited:
As im only 14, i cant really go out and just buy one.... I spend my money wisly.....

Id be lucky to get a good computer upgrade every year >.>

Lol im younger than you and ive got one :) I love Macs and its the only computers ive ever owned and ill problalby never switch. Go the Apple!!

That's understandable Jesse. :p

I don't get a new computer every year either. My last computer was Apple G3 box from 2000/1. I didn't upgrade until this year...lol. Macs are really fun and quite practical, you should look at them next time you or your family needs a new computer.

Mac's rule. I used to hate them and be all pro-windows. Then I tried them. Ok ? Macs rule. Done.

Back