• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Made a new site...what do you think?

TehGuy

I've made a new site for something I'm starting up, and I'd just like to get some feedback on the design part of the site. I'm not very good at design, and seeing as how I'm sorta color blind, I sometimes do funny things with the colors on a site.

I'm trying to go for a nice look that's pretty clean overall and professional, but not all white like most other sites seem to have when they go for professionalism. I don't know why, but I haven't designed a site yet that wasn't either grey or a shade of blue, but oh well...

Lemme know what I need to change. I'm not very good with PhotoShop, so if you're wondering about the lack of pretty pictures, that's why. :cry2:

Here's the link:

http://tehguy.pixelhosting.net/random

i like the colours of the site itself but you might want to consider changing the colour of the hosting packages..too bright for the dark layout..lol!
and it doesnt look reliable if you get what i mean..web hosts normally go for the professional look, this makes it look reliable

It`s abit dark and although you have an intoduction, the bottom half is empty which IMHO looks unfinished, on reading your introduction I would would say it`s very weak, example"the website is under construction, and we only hope to improve our services in the future and simply let me know and I will do the best I can to get it setup., No hosting company would do this, they would put the whole site together and then upload and run.

I`m not being funny, but it isn`t very good, your header looks rushed, the packages to the left again looks rushed, and topping it all off...you`re running all this on a sub domain.

Hope this helps, good luck.

"the website is under construction, and we only hope to improve our services in the future and simply let me know and I will do the best I can to get it setup., No hosting company would do this, they would put the whole site together and then upload and run.

I haven't started hosting anyone yet, and I won't until the website is done and I do a test run of the hosting services. Plus, most of that content will end up changing, it's mostly just copied stuff from when I thought about doing this about 6 months ago and I wrote some stuff up, but I decided I wouldn't have enough time to do a webhost. Now I have time, and there are a few things I need to revise, probably most notably the date when I'm actually starting the services. lol

But I do see how I worded the thing about improvement could be seen as weak, along with the way I worded the thing about custom packages. I've definately got to change that... (I won't be starting up for a few months)

I know the graphics aren't any good, but I'm a noob to PhotoShop. I'm not all that creative either, so I've gotta get some ideas for the graphics, first.

The site will have it's own domain by launch time (probably a few months before launch time...meaning soon) and it will be hosted on the same stuff everyone who signs up for hosting gets. This is just a "first draft", if you will, so I'm mostly looking for the big errors in the design, which seem to be pointed out pretty well. hehe...

I guess it's time to get back to work. Thank you for the criticism.

Back