• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Microsoft Office Outlook Web Access

GeorgeB

Chairman/CEO TMCG
NLC
Does anyone know of any companies that offer this, that will allow me to host it with my current hosting company?

I have no idea what Office Outlook Web Access is, but this should also be in the Computer forum.

Oh, is it the equivalent of GMail? I haven't heard of it anyways. Is it a webmail type program?

I don't know what the actual program looks like, so I couldn't say in regards to gmail or not.

I do know that it is from microsoft, and it allows you to access your email through your domain, instead of having the application on your pc like MS Word, Excel, etc.

It's not a separate system, its used in conjunction with Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes, to allow a web access point to the Exchange service powered email addresses.

The only way to get it, is if that company has Microsoft Exchange services, if not, then stick to Squirrelmail or an alternative.

It's not a separate system, its used in conjunction with Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes, to allow a web access point to the Exchange service powered email addresses.

The only way to get it, is if that company has Microsoft Exchange services, if not, then stick to Squirrelmail or an alternative.

I knew, I was forgetting something. Thanks for info iAdam.

Does anyone know who offers Microsoft Exchange services that will allow me to use it with my current web host?

What do you mean? As in like, you want to host your site with your current host, but use the email side of it on Microsoft Exchange?

What do you mean? As in like, you want to host your site with your current host, but use the email side of it on Microsoft Exchange?

Well, I want to leave my sites, and emails with my current host, and use MS Exchange with my current hosting company as well, if possible.

Well in that case you need to ask your current host if they can support Microsoft Exchange, then you need the licenses for it and so on.

Well surely you'll need windows hosting? Just find a suitable host for that and surely it'll come with it prebuilt?

Most companies offering Hosted Exchange will give you this feature (Web Access) as well as push notification on the iPhone, and shared calendars.

sarah[foxlass];1102359 said:
Most companies offering Hosted Exchange will give you this feature (Web Access) as well as push notification on the iPhone, and shared calendars.

I realize that, but I need to find a company that will allow me to use it with my current hosting provider.

I realize that, but I need to find a company that will allow me to use it with my current hosting provider.

I'm not sure what you mean by this, I will assume that you are wanting to use your own software or something. If so, most exchange servers offer an SMTP alternative.

sarah[foxlass];1102774 said:
I'm not sure what you mean by this, I will assume that you are wanting to use your own software or something. If so, most exchange servers offer an SMTP alternative.

I was meaning that I know most companies that offer exchange hosting, want you to host with them. I was wanting to know if there was any, that you buy it from them, but host it with your current hosting provider if you have one, so I can keep my domains all in one place.

I was meaning that I know most companies that offer exchange hosting, want you to host with them. I was wanting to know if there was any, that you buy it from them, but host it with your current hosting provider if you have one, so I can keep my domains all in one place.

I think I understand what you are meaning, You should be able to set some MX record to point to the server containing the exchange. I know it's possible, I haven't done it in like, forever, However, if you are wanting the domain name I.E. MyMail.com to have it's own website on it's own webserver, and you want it to be accessible via exchange on a different server (with an exchange interface) You would need to setup some form of rerouting the webexchange port to point to the server you wish to access, ultimately clustering... Otherwise, such a setup to my knowledge, is impossible.

It will be hard for you to do, but give it a try first off with just the exchange, and who knows, you may even be able to set up a subdomain with an A entry to the exchange server so that you can have webexchange access from, webx.MyMail.com. ^_^

Back