• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

MIDI's

They are legal unless you are not the person who made them or you got permission from the maker to post them. Usually the maker is some guy just like you and will give you permission for a link back or somthing
but, yes midi's are legal.

Some hosts allow, some don't. It's not a common file extension so many hosts don't support it or hosts want to conserve bandwidth in which most files types are not allowed anyway.

I know Tripod supports them. Well I'm sure they did 3 months ago when I had 4 midis hosted. I don't remember the URL but they stayed up for a long time. Just don't expect hotlinking from tripod. You can, but your users will see a tripod page first then they will be able to download it.

I dont really need to hotlink, I can just host the midi section on my site on Geocities Canada or something. (I hate tripod, they are evil, they delete like mad)

TJ

Back