• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Mounting additional HD in WHM - How to?

JustinNoel

I am a bit confused on how this works, but here's the situation.

I currently have 500GB HD (located at /home/) and it's about to fill up. I have asked my provider to add another 750GB HD.

Now I want new cPanel accounts to be placed in the 750GB HD (will be located at /home2/)

Questions:

1. Do I have to recompile php again in this new HD?
2. How will I allocate new registrations to the 750GB HD?
3. Do I need another license for cPanel for the users in the 750GB HD?

Sorry for being such a noob. I like learning and also there's a big difference in the costs of managed and unmanaged servers which makes me putting this into consideration, doing things myself.

Thanks in advance who would like to explain things further for me.

Are you getting rid of the old HD that is the 250, or are you just adding extra space?

Have it added;
go to WHM
Disk Drives
Format/Mount and define the mount point as home2

Let it go and your almost done - change Home Directory Prefix in Server Configuration >> Basic cPanel/WHM Setup to /home2, that's it WHM will automatically start using /home2 as it has the most free disk space, /home will no longer get new accounts till /home2 fills up and has less free space than /home

Have it added;
go to WHM
Disk Drives
Format/Mount and define the mount point as home2

Let it go and your almost done - change Home Directory Prefix in Server Configuration >> Basic cPanel/WHM Setup to /home2, that's it WHM will automatically start using /home2 as it has the most free disk space, /home will no longer get new accounts till /home2 fills up and has less free space than /home

So that means that I do not have to recompile PHP? And accounts in the 250GB HD will still be accessible?

All the info is stored on the first HD, which holds your OS etc. Think of it this way, if you upgraded your computer with 2nd new HD, do you need to reinstall Windows (As an example) onto the other disk for it to work? You just need to make it aware that it exists and is usable.

Back