• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Mp3 > Midi

Yes, *.mid files. Midi files are different, they are "instructions" for what the synthesizer plays and usually very small in size.

Originally posted by Toefur
I really doubt it is possible, Akalon.

Well I'm downloading a program right now that claims to be able to do it, i'll have to see if it works.

MP3 to midi is possible but it will only match the tone, not the lyrics or any special instruments on there. There is software that will match the tone but if you are trying to convert the whole song it isn't going to work, lets say you had a guitar or piano track, it is possible for it to do that but even then it will only match the tones, so it will pretty much only work if there is a single track single tone audio recording that you are trying to convert into midi.

Oh if you really want to put a song into midi, I charge people in my home studio like $10-$20 a song, if you want I could do that for you.

Back