• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

MP3 to CD audio file converter

LeX

ლ(╹◡╹ლ)
NLC
Can anyone recommend me a software that can convert MP3's into CD audio format and burn them onto CDs? (.cda I think)

Thanks...

Last edited:
Find a program that burns .MP3 directly onto CDs

My EZ CD Creator for windows 98 does that flawlessly, except some wacked recorded mp3s only burn part of the song. Works great with my collection and making a mix for a CDRW.

I think all CD burning software accepts *.wav's, so what you need is a MP3 to WAV converter. I used one that was called Shuffler Music Converter. After a search, it is no longer called that. But here is the website to the sucessor to it : http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm . I think it's free...(It was). And it worked good for me.
Oh, and it converts between MP3, WAV, CDA. So, if you need one to convert to CDA and not to WAV, this one should work.

Also, if that one isn't very good, try http://download.cnet.com/0,10150,0-1896417-106-0-2-1,00.html?tag=st.dl.1896417-106-1.lst.lst&li=2&

No, Hobbes, I don't want to burn the MP3s onto the CD, I want to convert them into CD audio format, the type than can be read by any CD player. Not all CD players have the ability to read MP3s... if I wanted to listen to MP3s, I'd rather go buy a MP3 player, because it would be smaller and more flexible.

When you use one of them programs to burn a CD from MP3 files, they do convert it to the proper format. That is part of the process. You CAN make MP3 CD's, which is a CD with a whole bunch of MP3's on it, but most CD burning software defaults to making a regular CD.

Download winamp from winamp.com and use the CD burning plug-in. I think it's on the first plug-in page. I've used that a couple of times and the CD's play just fine in an older stereo and a newer one.

Originally posted by LeX
No, Hobbes, I don't want to burn the MP3s onto the CD, I want to convert them into CD audio format, the type than can be read by any CD player. Not all CD players have the ability to read MP3s... if I wanted to listen to MP3s, I'd rather go buy a MP3 player, because it would be smaller and more flexible.

Thats what I meant. Sorry I wasn't clear :S (and it can be read by any CD player)

I dont even own an Mp3 player.

I use Nero for burning my cds. It will accept MP3s and convert them to CD format so it's not necessary to convert to WAV files first. However, if you use a burning program that requires for you to convert to wav first, I use dbPowerAmp for my file conversion and it works every time. Shuffler was more user-friendly than dbPowerAmp, but there is no better sound conversion software available for free.

Back