• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

mp3's

LeX

ლ(╹◡╹ლ)
NLC
I used to have a bunch of MP3s, but once I burn... er, buy... yeah, once I "buy" the CDs, I get rid of 'em, 'cause they're taking up too much of my very limited disk space... now I only have about 30 or so MP3s.

I have exactly three (3) .mp3's right now. Until late last year, I had an old computer that wouldn't even play them right. Now I have a new one, but I still don't want to fill up a lot of my disk space, so I only get ones where I know there's only one song that I like so I'm not going to go out and spend money on a whole CD... Especially with what the prices of new ones are today. :(

I just counted up my mp3's here are the results:

783 tracks in playlist, average track length: 3:54
Playlist length: 51 hours 39 seconds

1867 tracks in playlist, average track length: 2:38
Estimated playlist length: 82 hours 11 minutes 8 seconds

0 tracks in playlist. Playlists are gay. the lock up my computer. i have some songs on one HD some on another and some on once cd drive and some on another, so i guess it confuses the poor old machine. i only have 1175. but considering i have only 28.8 thats not bad i only really dl about 300 by myself (heaven forbid i break the law too excessively) ;) the rest are from friends' teachers' and ones i ripped myself.

when napster kicks the bucket, will people's personal servers accessed through napigator still be there?

Originally posted by Gayowulf
when napster kicks the bucket, will people's personal servers accessed through napigator still be there?
Yes they will. Thats why I'm not worried about this whole napster thing.

Thats a good idea. i never thought of that. from the beginning ive never trusted the new napster updates. Thats why i have all of them since Beta 3. Right now i use TekNap. (napster clone that runs on unix or in a dos window.) you might think it sounds crazy, but it gives you more control of the situation.

Its kind of fun. in the chats you can run scripts and bots, and on a particularly boring day i had 5 of myelf in the same chat room. great for confusion.

Most mp3's I ever had was about 700 or so. Problem was lots of them were stuff like rap (I don't like rap) and other crap that I had because I was burning cds for my friends. No I've only got about 300. I wish my HD was bigger than 10 GB...

I use FileNavigator 2.0. It connects to the main Napster servers, plus two other default servers, and you can add more servers as you wish. And it searches all of them at the same time so no jumping around. Did I mention you can share ANY type of file?

Originally posted by Gayowulf
Its kind of fun. in the chats you can run scripts and bots, and on a particularly boring day i had 5 of myelf in the same chat room. great for confusion.
I thought bots in Napster were not allowed.

I had 20 250mb zip disks and about 5 gigs on my hard drive with mp3's. And they were all bootleg concerts. I got a cd burner a few weeks ago and now I have no need formy zip drive and 5 gigs more on my hard drive.

Originally posted by Koolguy
Just make sure not to download any "software updates" for napster, just in case.

LOL, I just booted up Napster, and what should I see, but a message saying I don't have the latest version of Napster, and it's recomended that I download an upgrade. Thanks for the great advice Koolguy ;0

Back